The Volunteering for International Professionals (VIP) Fellowship Programme is designed specially for professionals on career breaks who wish to volunteer in Malaysia. The VIP Fellowship programme is an initiative by the Malaysian government to create a large pool of talented professionals, who are passionate about sharing their expertise and experiences globally, as expert volunteers to contribute towards nation-building.
This four-month fellowship offers the opportunity for 30 International and 20 Malaysian professionals to use their expertise in addressing Malaysia’s most pressing social issues. This programme aims to evoke long-term social change in the country. In order to ensure a successful programme, each volunteer is matched to a placement within the local communities where his/ her expert knowledge will have the greatest impact.
International expert volunteers offer transferable and high value skills as well as knowledge to enrich the Malaysian landscape, contributing towards the country’s ambition of being a high-income nation.
- You are 21 years of age or older
- You have at least one year of working or volunteering experience in the nonprofit/NGO/social sector/ corporate sector
- You are proficient in English (reading, writing, and speaking)
- You are able to commit full time to the 16 week programme in Malaysia
- You are willing to work with low-income populations in Malaysia and demonstrate good interpersonal skills
- You are committed to returning to your home country after completion of the Fellowship
Meet the criteria? Hurry to fill the VIP fellowship 2016 application form
Note: Prepare a short video clip introducing yourself and what you do before applying as the form does not have a “save” feature.
Deadline: 15th January, 11.59pm (Malaysian time: GMT +8)