DW AKADEMIE GERMANY JOURNALISM TRAINEESHIP (Fully funded)
Deutsche Welle (DW Akademie) is Germany’s leading organization for International Media development and are looking for young people from all over the world interested in a comprehensive, exceptional quality journalism program with an international broadcaster. Candidates should have journalism experience or be passionate about switching to journalism from technology/IT, economics or the sciences. We are looking for open-minded people full of creative ideas. The program covers the range of skills a journalist of the future needs: TV moderation, multimedia storytelling, data journalism, social media and virtual reality – in seminars, workshops and of course the DW editorial offices and our correspondent bureaux in Washington, Moscow and Brussels. DW trainees are involved in long-term innovative, international projects and have been honored in past years with the CNN Journalism Award and the Grimme Prize.
For the bilingual DW traineeship eligibility include:
• English native speakers with a good working knowledge of German
• German native speakers with an excellent working knowledge of English
• Native speakers of another DW program language with a good, working knowledge of both English and German.
Candidates must also have completed a university or college degree or apprenticeship.
• 18 months
• trainee salary
• international broadcaster in 30 languages
• crossmedia: TV, online and radio
• six months of seminar blocks
• internships in Berlin and Bonn
• placement with DW foreign bureau
• international multimedia projects
• well-known media trainers
The next traineeships start in September 2016. Applications will be accepted via DW Akademie’s online application system from January 11 to February 29, 2016. Applications will not be accepted at any other time.