The Commission of the African Union invites citizens of Member States to apply for the positions of Administrative Assistant to be placed in various departments and projects of the African Union at the Headquarters and other offices as well as for roster purposes.
Job title: Administrative Assistants
Post level: GSA 5
Department: Various AU Departments and Projects
Supervisor: TBC based on the Department Allocated
Duty Station: Headquarters Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and Other Regional Offices
- Analyse and maintain an overview of the Directorate’s work/Project Work or Department work to ensure that timely administrative support is provided in general and specialized areas;
- Schedule a high volume of appointments, meetings and travel arrangements which may include coordinating arrangements for multiple participants;
- Create, update and maintain organised files and records including a system for tracking, monitoring and prioritising tasks; Tasks
- Ensuring confidentiality of information and management records is guaranteed; e. Prepare correspondences, executive summary, reports, briefing papers, power point presentations and other documents as required;
- Lliaising effectively with internal and external stakeholders;
- Monitor meeting and correspondences outcomes and decisions and follow-up on their implementation; h. Prepare and participate in various meetings and take minutes and/or notes;
- Provide communications support and assistance to ensure timely responses to inquiries including answering and prioritising calls, email and correspondences;
- Sourcing and ordering stationery and office equipment as may be required; k. Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Supervisors.
- The responsibilities may vary depending on the department allocated.
The salary attached to the position is annual Gross salary of US$ 50,148.39 (GSA 5, Step 5) inclusive of all entitlements for internationally recruited staff and USD 21,354.35.
REQUIREMENTS AND APPLICATION
Deadline: July 3, 2016.
Join Diplomacy Opp facebook group here and follow us on twitter @DiplomacyOpp