African Youth Union is a Pan-African Youth organization that boasts of the largest youth representation across Africa. AYU seeks to unite African youth in action – enabling young people across the continent (and in diaspora) to speak with one voice and build the Africa they want to see.Join the apex management team for the African Youth Union in West Africa!
Applicants must be individuals between 18-35 years who:
– Identify as citizens of one or more of the following ECOWAS member states;
Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo. (West African Youths living/schooling in the diaspora are welcome to apply)
– Believe in political, social and economic development of Africa by Africans.
– Support the empowerment and meaningful engagement of young people at the grassroots.
– Demonstrate a track record of result-oriented leadership/entrepreneurship, interest in one or more social issues and community mobilizing.
– Enjoy team work but can also work remotely and deliver results with minimal supervision.
– Team members would receive personalised Letters of Recommendation from the African Youth Union upon the successful completion of their term.
– All active team members would be first-choice candidates for travel and/or speaking opportunities at AYU Summits and Programmes.
– Team members would engage in high level representation of AYU across West Africa.
– Team members would be exposed to a formidable network of African Youths, which would be highly beneficial for personal advancement.
Members of the 2016/2017 AYU West Africa Steering Team would:
1. Lead the strategies for achieving the objectives of the AYU in the West African Sub-Region.
2. Actively represent AYU as ambassadors in their respective countries, across Africa and beyond.
3. Serve as a pivotal bridge between the Regional AYU Secretariat and the AYU West Africa Chapter.
4. Champion AYU programmes and campaigns across West Africa.
5. Facilitate partnerships between AYU and local CSOs, Corporate Organizations and Governmental Bodies in West Africa.
Fill the application form to apply. DEADLINE: JULY 31 2016 AT 11:59PM WAT
Join Diplomacy Opportunities Facebook group here OR follow @DiplomacyOpp on twitter