The Queen’s Young Leader Award recognises and celebrates exceptional people from across the Commonwealth, who are taking the lead in their communities and using their skills to transform lives. Winners of this prestigious Award will receive a unique package of training, mentoring and networking, including a one-week residential programme in the UK during which they will collect their Award from Her Majesty The Queen.
Each application/nomination must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants need to have proven experience of working to improve their communities locally, regionally or at a national level and be able to show evidence of their achievements.
- Applicants must be aged between 18 and 29.
- Applicants must be citizens of and working in a Commonwealth country or citizens of an Overseas Territories (of a Commonwealth Member).
- Applicants need to demonstrate evidence of their leadership qualities.
- All applicants need to be supported by a suitable referee (a professional in one of the following occupations; a teacher or counsellor; a registered physician or nurse; a church or community leader; social worker or family services; or business leader). Referees must not be related to you.
- Priority will be given to individuals who have overcome challenges to achieve their goals.
With this support, Award winners will be expected to continue and develop the amazing work they are already doing in their communities. Applications are now open.
Applications will close on Sunday 4th September 2016
Join Diplomacy Opportunities Facebook group here OR follow @DiplomacyOpp on Twitter