The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) brings people together to share skills, knowledge, creativity and learning to build a more integrated, prosperous and peaceful Continent driven by its citizens. The volunteering opportunities are intended to build professionalism and a sense of responsibility among the participants, thus enhancing their employability.
Young African Professionals are recruited to serve for a period of 12 months as AU Volunteers in an AU Member States other than their own.
Applicants have to meet the following criteria:
1) Citizen of AU Member State or African Diaspora;
2) Age 18 – 33 years;
3) Has a post-secondary certified qualifications (TVET, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent)
4) Available to dedicate 12 (twelve) months for volunteer work;
5) Willing to live and work in another AU Member State;
6) Is proficient in at least one official AU language (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese);
7) Has at least one year verifiable volunteering experience and one year professional work experience.
Eligible Fields of Qualification
For the next intake of AU Youth Volunteers, the following fields of qualification and expertise are required:
Diverse Natural Science Fields
Gender Studies Human Resources Management
1. Register on the AU-YVC Database (www.africa-youth.org/auyvc)
2. Read carefully the information on the website
3. Build Your Profile
4. Attach the following:
– Scanned copy of identity page on your passport
– Highest qualification degree
– Letter of Recommendation
5. Submit application (latest by 22nd August 2016 midnight EAT)
*Late applications and applications that do not contain all requested documents will not be considered
*THOSE WHO HAD APPLIED BEFORE ARE REQUESTED TO RE-APPLY
1) 23rd August – eligibility Check;
2) 15th September: Successful applicants will be notified;
3) 15th October – 01st November: AU-YVC pre-deployment training;
4) 2017: Deployment of trained volunteers.
For the successful candidates, the African Union Commission and partners will cover the full costs of their pre-deployment training and cost of their deployment.
On deployment, the African Union Youth Volunteers receive the following:
1) Economy return air ticket from home town to place of deployment
2) A modest monthly stipend
3) Health insurance cover
4) Separation allowance on successful completion of twelve months
Join Diplomacy Opportunities Facebook group and follow @DiplomacyOpp on Twitter for updated opportunities