The Commonwealth Youth Human Rights and Democracy Network (CYHRDN) provides a platform for collaboration with young people on important national, regional and global human rights issues. It also strengthens the capacity of young people to engage with their communities, policy-makers and wider stakeholders. The network aims to achieve its advocacy and capacity-building objectives through partnerships to contribute to research, policies and programmes.
The Coordinator will work with the Commonwealth Secretariat and its partners to support the planning and programme implementation of the network. Their primary role will be to mainstream young people’s participation in thematic areas including Discrimination, Disability and Domestic Violence. The role will be for six (6) months from mid-October 2016 until mid-March 2017.
• Aged between 18 to 29 years at the time of application;
• Citizen of a Commonwealth member country;
• Have a strong commitment to the CYHRDN’s vision and mission;
• Have experience with youth-led initiatives, projects or organisations focusing on human rights and democracy;
• Belong to an active and officially registered youth-led or youth-focused organisation, community group, etc. focusing on human rights, democracy, sustainable development;
• Have a proven track record on their work, verifiable from existing references, online videos, links, reports, publications, blogs, etc; and
• Available to commit 15-20 hours/week to network activities.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a one-page CV and cover letter outlining relevant details of their experience in health, sustainable development and coordinating networks via email to firstname.lastname@example.org The email should include in the subject line the following details: Name and Surname, Country.
Kindly note that the deadline for submitting an application is Friday September 23, 2016 at 11:59 PM BST (London Time). References (academic or professional) will be requested from shortlisted candidates.
Join Diplomacy Opportunities Facebook group and follow @DiplomacyOpp on Twitter for updated opportunities