To all the women rights advocate out there! The African Union is looking for a passionate, result driven and very innovative Women Rights Officer to help mainstream the Women rights agenda for programmes and policies.
Some job descriptions include:
- Provide technical expertise and operational support on all matters related to women’s rights and equal opportunities;
- Carry out research and analysis, and develop position papers to ensure integration of women’s rights and equal opportunities perspectives in internal and external policies and programmes;
- Work with relevant stakeholders in designing requisite tools, tracking compliance and reporting on performance on women’s rights and equal opportunities;
- Provide technical guidance to WGDD team on women’s rights and equal opportunity for integration into their work and seek their inputs to inform recommended solutions;
- Work closely with AUC Departments, Organs, specialized mandates and relevant structures to promote implementation of women’s rights as defined in shared value instruments and identify key entry points for support and collaboration;
- Provide technical support across the organization to support compliance with reporting obligations and the design of high impact reports;
- Stay abreast of developments in the field of research and practice on women’s rights and equal opportunities and inform policy formulation and decision-making accordingly;
- Write position papers to influence policy and dialogue/consultations at continental and global levels on women’s rights issues and equal opportunities from the AU’s perspective;
- Analyze outcomes of decisions and advise on follow-up actions to promote their decisions and or deflect associated risks to the women’s agenda;
Indicative basic salary US$ 35,300.00 per annum (P3 Step 1) plus other related entitlements e.g. post adjustment (46% of basic salary), housing allowance (US$16.819,20 per annum), education allowance (75% of tuition and other related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$7,800.00 per child per annum), etc. for internationally recruited staff of the Commission.
Application can be done through the AU careers official website
Please read the application guidelines and requirements before applying
Application deadline is on September 26, 2016
Join Diplomacy Opportunities Facebook group and follow @DiplomacyOpp on Twitter for updated opportunities