UNESCO MGIEP is requesting for proposals from individual consultants or companies to create/produce the iMind through which the educational or learning interventions/products of the Institute that are targeted towards global issues like migration, climate change, prevention of violent extremism and biodiversity amongst many others could be rendered to, and accessed by the wider population and also, where both learners, creators and teachers could co-develop an immersive digital learning experience.
Objective To a create a series of templates that will facilitate the creation of multiple iMinds that allows for both learners and teachers to co-develop an immersive, interactive, digital learning experience. Description of Duties Under the overall authority of the Director of UNESCO MGIEP and direct supervision of the iMind Project Officers, the contractor will be required to create a series of iMinds, including all the phases from the initial designing and testing of various templates, to maintenance after the launch of the technology.
More specifically, the contractor will be required to:
- Create a series of digital templates
- Attend consultation meetings or workshops organised by MGIEP
- Work hand in hand with UNESCO MGIEP iMind Project Officers to ensure that the desired pedagogical approaches are incorporated. Keeping in mind cross cutting global issues that such various MGIEP’s learning products or interventions are trying to address.
Profile and qualifications required
- Highly experienced in the field of Digital Educational Technology, software designing, digital instructional design etc.
- Has an established track record of creating high-impact ed-tech products.
- Enthusiasm about exploring new pedagogical approaches to highly interactive digital educational technology.
- Excellent written skills in English and proven analytical skills Must comply with the United Nations professional requirements.
- A writing sample, cover letter, and detailed resume highlighting the competencies of the incumbent/team.
- A project proposal with tentative timelines, sample templates and approximate budget for implementing and delivering the product and many other details that might demonstrate the contractor’s capability to undertake such project and implement it successfully.
Deadline for submissions
Please submit your proposal, writing sample, cover letter, and detailed resume at firstname.lastname@example.org, by 4th October 2016, midnight (India Standard time).
Please label the subject line “Consultant Contract- iMind”
Join Diplomacy Opportunities Facebook group and follow @DiplomacyOpp on Twitter for updated opportunities