The United Network of Young Peacebuilders (UNOY Peacebuilders) is looking for two enthusiastic people with an interest in youth and peacebuilding to join our secretariat in The Hague.
Two internship positions available starting at the beginning of October:
- Advocacy and Communications Officer
- Network Officer
UNOY Peacebuilders is a youth-led network of youth organisations working towards peaceful societies. We embrace values of peace, diversity, inclusion and participation. At UNOY, young people have the opportunity to gain work experience in the field of peacebuilding, join an international team, develop new skills and connect with youth and organisations around the world.
We are looking for somebody who has:
- experience/interest in peacebuilding and youth work
- interest in policy making on youth participation and peace & security (for the advocacy officer position)
- experience in project management, fundraising, events organisation, communication or working with networks
- a higher education degree (undergraduate or postgraduate) on a topic related to youth, peace, conflict or international relations. We can also accept candidates who are on their last years of undergraduate degree.
- leadership, planning, project writing and intercultural communication skills
- computer skills
- strong written and spoken English – French, Spanish and Arabic are all beneficial
- enthusiasm and commitment
- flexibility and capability to work independently and in a team
The internship offers:
- Being full part of a young, dynamic and international team
- Opportunity to work independently and take responsibility
- A great stepping stone for your future career – former interns have moved on to work in international organizations, academia and in the business sector.
- Internal and external training opportunities
- Possibility to travel abroad with projects
- Possibility to use your internship for studies/research
All internships are:
- 4 days a week (Monday-Thursday)
- 4-6 months long
- Unpaid. Lunch is provided
Please note that internship offer is open to those legally allowed to work in the European Union. We can not provide work permits or support work permit applications.
If you are interested in joining UNOY Peacebuilders team, please apply as soon as possible by sending your CV and a letter stating your motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Join Diplomacy Opportunities Facebook group and follow @DiplomacyOpp on Twitter for updated opportunities