Apply: The Nile Project Fellowship | Diplomacy Opportunities
The Nile fellowship is a 12-month leadership program designed to support young, visionary, and action-oriented university students with the tools they need to develop a regional network of Nile Project Clubs on their campuses.
This unique fellowship will provide exceptional students with transformative opportunities and learning experiences at the intersection of environmental sustainability, community development, citizen diplomacy and conflict transformation.
During their tenure, Nile Fellows will:
- Travel to Aswan, Egypt for a weeklong Nile Gathering
- Connect through an online dialogue platform to continuously share their experiences and learnings together
- Establish Nile Project Clubs on their campuses to engage students interested in Nile sustainability through seminars, trainings, and expeditions
- Partner with Nile Project Communities to collaborate with students on community development and environmental innovation projects.
To be eligible, you must be
The inaugural 2016 fellowship class will consist of 24 fellows from 6 universities in Egypt, Ethiopia, Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania.
- Enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at Cairo University, Aswan University, University of Bahir Dar, University of Nairobi, University of Dar es Salaam, or Makerere University
- A student for the academic years of 16/17 – 17/18
- Available to travel for the Nile Fellows Gathering from December 18 to December 24, 2016
- Willing to commit 10 – 15 hours per week for the duration of the fellowship (Nov’16 – Oct’17)
Applications deadline: November 4, 2016
Join Diplomacy Opportunities Facebook group and follow @DiplomacyOpp on Twitter for updated opportunities