The GIMUN Team is inviting young people across the globe to the Eighth Session of the Ghana International Model United Nations in Accra on 3rd-7th January, 2017. This capacity building conference is being organized in partnership with the United Nations University and the United Nations Information Center, Accra on the theme, “Global Goals; Better People” to discuss how the adopted Global Goals (the seventeen Sustainable Development Goals) could help improve the livelihood of the people of the world.
Many young people aspire to work with Diplomatic Missions and International Organizations such as the United Nations. It is imperative that these young people build their capacities and sharpen their leadership skills so that when given the opportunity, they can excel. Skills in researching, writing, public speaking, listening, debating, lobbying, negotiations, consensus building and dressing must be enhanced in order to achieve desired success on the work field.
GIMUN Conference is an opportunity for young people to:
- Meet new people and create lasting friendships
- Share ideas on how they can bring their aspirations into realities
- Have their voices heard on global issues
- Develop themselves through intensive training and simulation sessions on International Politics and Diplomacy by experienced and renowned diplomats and ambassadors
- High School and Tertiary Level Students
- Other interested young people who are not enrolled as students and are not older than thirty years at the time of the conference.
How to Apply
Delegate Applications can be completed at www.thegimun.org
Interested persons can register now and pay the applicable conference fees
Be part of the young people developing themselves and working to make the world a better place for humanity
- High School: $175(http://thegimun.org/high-school-fees-payment/ )
- Tertiary: $265(http://thegimun.org/tertiary-fees-payment/ )
Delegates can pay fees in installments and must communicate such arrangements with GIMUN Officials. Deadline for payment of fees is 5th December, 2016.
The fees cover the following:
- Certificate of participation
- Accommodation at the official conference hostel
- Feeding for the entire conference period
- Internal transportation to all conference venues
- Pool Side Party
- A conference branded T-Shirt and lapel pin
- Other materials such as pens, notepads and folders
For more details, send email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit www.thegimun.org for more information.
Join Diplomacy Opportunities Facebook group and follow @DiplomacyOpp on Twitter for updated opportunities