FRIDA | The Young Feminist Fund is the only youth-led fund focused exclusively on supporting global young feminist activism to advance social justice movements and agendas. FRIDA was created to bring new resources and new opportunities to young women and trans* youth globally.
This year, FRIDA is celebrating her 5th year and also launching her 5th call for proposals and intend to support up to 30 new young feminist groups led by young women and trans* youth under 30 years of age.
Who can apply?
- Groups founded or led by young women or trans* youth (under 30 years) that are committed to:
- Advancing and defending women’s rights from a feminist perspective;
- Improving the lives of young women/trans* youth at local, national, regional or international levels;
- Inclusive organizing, collective action and feminist movement building
- Groups, networks, or collectives based in the Global South (Sub Saharan Africa, Asia and the Pacific, The Middle East and North Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean and Central, Southern, Eastern Europe and Caucuses and Central and North Asia).
- Groups founded in the past 6 years (i.e. your group was formed between 2010 – 2016).
Priority will be given to:
- Small, emerging grassroots groups, networks, or collectives with little or no access to funding from larger donors.
- Groups, networks, or collectives that are working on emerging or issues that have not received prior funding.
- Groups, networks, or collectives located in remote underserved areas.
- Groups, networks, or collectives that are diverse in their membership and made up of and/or working with socially marginalized young women especially: refugees, ethnic, national and caste minorities, rural women, urban poor, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, women living with HIV/AIDS, sex workers, women with disabilities, women living in armed conflicts and post conflict zones.
- Groups using creative and innovative strategies to further their activism (including art, music, culture, poetry, social media etc).
Funding Amounts & Length of Grant
FRIDA makes grants of up to $4,000 USD. They are flexible grants that can be used for general support and/or projects to be used over a period of 12 months and are open to renewal.
How is the decision made? Be Part of the Selection Process…You Decide!
Applicants that meet FRIDA’s criteria must vote for their top proposal choices in their region and give comments on their selections (groups may not vote for their own proposals). Applicants vote anonymously, based on the summary of each application from their region. In voting, we ask that groups keep in mind what they think is important for the promotion and defense of the rights of young women in their region. After voting the results are tallied and grantees are selected.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 10th November 2016
If you think your group is eligible to apply for a grant from FRIDA, please see the application materials below:
You may also:
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Diplomacy Opportunities Facebook group and follow @DiplomacyOpp on Twitter for updated opportunities