The Asia Foundation is releasing a call for applicants for its 2017 Asia Foundation Development Fellows: Emerging Leadership for Asia’s Future program. This will be the fourth cohort of this prestigious program, designed to engage and empower a dynamic community of emerging leaders from all over Asia.
- Have a demonstrable record of high achievement, and must show evidence of outstanding potential for professional advancement, and significant impact in their chosen field;
- Have a demonstrable record of experience and accomplishment related to The Asia Foundation’s fields of expertise – governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation;
- Have outstanding personal character and integrity;
- Be thoughtful, committed, respected and inspirational leaders within their professional fields and within their larger community;
- Be under 40 years of age by January 1 of the fellowship year (year following application deadline);
- Be conversant in English (TOEFL exam results are not required);
- Be available and able to participate in all program components on the program dates specified; and
- Be resident nationals or citizens of the following countries where The Asia Foundation has programs: Afghanistan; Bangladesh; Cambodia; China; India; Indonesia; Japan; Korea; Laos; Malaysia; Mongolia; Myanmar; Nepal; Pakistan; Philippines; Singapore; Sri Lanka; Thailand; Timor-Leste; and, Vietnam.
An award of up to US$5,000 will be made available to each of the selected Asia Foundation Development Fellows. This cash award will allow each Fellow the opportunity to design individualized plans to further their leadership skills and relevant professional experience in areas of particular importance to their career growth. Each Fellow will be asked to develop a personalized, year-long work plan that can involve such areas as enrollment in specialized training programs or short courses, language study, travel to attend key regional forums or workshops, or engagement in a series of other enrichment activities.
The selection for the Asia Foundation Development Fellows program is highly competitive. Initial screening and evaluation will be handled by staff at The Asia Foundation who will review each application thoroughly and narrow down applicants to a pool of finalists. Later, final selections will be conducted by a committee of distinguished experts who bring high levels of familiarity and expertise with Asia’s needs and development conditions to their determinations, and will be tasked with carefully weighing issues including equity, opportunity, community and professional, and leadership potential in their deliberations. Fellows will be chosen without regard to sex, race, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic background, marital status, or financial need. The identities of nominees will remain confidential throughout the final selection process.
In order to apply, .
Deadline: 21 November 2016
Open to: participants under 40-year old, from Afghanistan; Bangladesh; Cambodia; China; India; Indonesia; Japan; Korea; Laos; Malaysia; Mongolia; Myanmar; Nepal; Pakistan; Philippines; Singapore; Sri Lanka; Thailand; Timor-Leste; and, Vietnam
Award: US $5,000
If you have any questions, check the write to: email@example.com.
Join Diplomacy Opportunities Facebook group and follow @DiplomacyOpp on Twitter for updated opportunities