Young Leaders Visitors Programme (YLVP) is an intercultural leadership programme for young leaders from the Middle East, North Africa and Sweden.
The programme offers personal and professional development to leaders who work for positive social change in the fields of democracy, human rights, sustainability and equality. YLVP provides the tools necessary to accomplish greater social impact.
YLVP builds and strengthens individual leadership through group-centric methods such as collaboration, feedback and reflection. Participants will learn in group from merited facilitators and from each other, through workshops, practical exercises and hands-on performance.
To apply to the Young Leaders Visitors Programme you have to:
- be an NGO leader, legal worker, journalist, social worker, cultural worker, social entrepreneur, civil servant, youth politician or in another type of leadership role
- work actively for democracy, sustainability, diversity and/or human rights
- be between 22 and 32 years old (born 1985 – 1995)
- have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English
- be a citizen of Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine*, Sweden, Syria, Tunisia or Yemen.
*Palestinian ID holders, including Jerusalem ID.
Please note that we are not able to make any exceptions to the eligibility requirements. Only completed applications will be considered.
- All costs related to accommodation, food and transport during YLVP are covered by SI
The call for applications will opened on 4 November 2016. Applications must be uploaded and submitted in the application portal. The application portal is only open during the call for applications. Only applicants who submit a complete application will be considered for the programme.A complete application consists of:
- a completed application form in English, including your contact details and the contact details of two reference persons;
- an updated CV in English;
- a letter of recommendation* (no more than 500 words) from a person who knows your work in the areas of democracy or human rights. The letter should specifically motivate your participation in the programme with reference to the YLVP criteria; the letter should preferably be in English but could also be submitted in French or Arabic; and
- a photo (not compulsory).
Deadline: 5 December 2016
Costs: All costs related to accommodation, food and transport during YLVP are covered by Swedish Institute
If you have any questions regarding the application form, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*We will need the contact details of the person writing the letter of recommendation (name, job title, telephone number and email address).We may contact the reference persons of the applicants who are selected for an interview. We only need a letter of recommendation from one of the reference persons.
Due to the large number of applications that we receive, we are unfortunately not able to send personal replies to all applicants.
Join Diplomacy Opportunities Facebook group and follow @DiplomacyOpp on Twitter for updated opportunities