CIVICUS is looking for a Programme Officer for the Pacific Region, somebody, who is well connected and entrenched in civil society in this area, passionate about connecting globally and highlighting the current topics of the region. You will be an integral part in the setting up and bringing the International Civil Society Week 2017 to the Pacific Region.
We are looking for an extremely enthusiastic and skilled person to:
- Convene, plan and manage an international event with host partners;
- Engage with members and partners, supporting and encouraging these; and
- Generate knowledge of civil society environments in the specific region.
You will be located regionally with host organisation, PIANGO, located at the PIANGO headquarters in Suva, Fiji.
Required qualifications and competencies:
- Degree in International Relations, Development Studies, Non-profit Management or equivalent;
- Project and/or event management experience;
- Experience working in a multi-cultural team;
- 4-years minimum experience in an NGO environment;
- Knowledge of global/regional dynamics and civil society issues, with a focus on Asia Pacific;
- Fluent in English and another UN language (preferably French);
- Ability to produce high-quality written materials in English;
- Understanding of membership and networking principles;
- Computer literacy, including database management;
- Good interpersonal/networking skills;
- Planning and time management skills; and
- Deadline driven, with the ability to multi-task.
Click here for more opportunities
Specific tasks and responsibilities:
- Convening (50%)
- Lead on CIVICUS coordination and delivery of International Civil Society Week 2017, serving as CIVICUS/local host organisation liaison;
- Identify potential partners, sponsors and funders for International Civil Society Week 2017; and
- Support event planning and execution of other CIVICUS-related events in the region, and represent CIVICUS at regional events, as required.
- Member and partner engagement (20%)
- Support Pacific regional hub/community development led by the Civil Society Innovation Initiative;
- Promote engagement in relevant communities of practice (Affinity Group of National Associations) and coordination platforms (Action for Sustainable Development); and
- Provide capacity development support by facilitating access to content, materials and training.
- Knowledge generation (20%)
- Support the provision of regular country reports on civil society environments in specific countries in the Pacific to CIVICUS Monitor;
- Support the strengthening of systems within PIANGO and its member organisations for the collection, documentation and dissemination of verified information and analysis on civic space;
- Engage civil society actors within the PIANGO network with a view to garnering their views on the conditions for civil society and future trends; and
- Facilitate the dissemination and use of CIVICUS knowledge products in the region.
- Project management support (10%)
- Maintain database of member/partner contacts;
- Carryout activities according to CIVICUS monitoring and evaluation framework;
- Procure services, manage vendors and engage consultants, as required; and
- Contribute to regular organisational and donor reporting.
Start date: 1 January 2017
To apply, please submit :
- A motivational letter;
- A detailed CV;
- Contact details of three current references;
to email@example.com by 29 November 2016.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not have heard from us within 2 weeks after your application, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Click here for more opportunities
Join Diplomacy Opportunities Facebook group and follow @DiplomacyOpp on Twitter for updated opportunities