Apply: Global Health Corps 2017 | Diplomacy Opportunities
We are looking for a global and diverse group of passionate and talented emerging leaders who:
- Are willing to push themselves outside their comfort zones, to embrace failure, and to approach a personally transformative year – with many challenges in the day-to-day – with integrity, humility, and self-reflection.
- Listen openly to others, embracing a range of perspectives and experiences while remaining open to having their own perspectives shift.
- Understand the hard, complex work of building just health systems and have the patience, resilience, and motivation to see these challenges through.
- Are empathetic, with a commitment to self-care and the wellbeing of others.
- Are passionate about social justice in global health and about finding and building their voices to affect health impact.
- Are committed to inclusivity and collaboration across sectors, cultures, and borders of all kinds, while investing in and supporting others.
- Yearlong paid placements (June 25, 2016 – July 9, 2017) within partner organizations in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, the US, and Zambia to address real-time capacity gaps and strengthen health systems.
- In addition to on-the-job training, we engage fellows in a comprehensive leadership training curriculum to build effective, empathetic, and innovative leaders of tomorrow.
- Fellow receive additional logistical and financial support during the year, including:
- Monthly living and utilities stipend
- Health insurance
- Professional development grant of $600 and completion award of $1500
- Travel coverage to and from placement site, all trainings, and retreats
- Be 30 years or younger by June 25, 2017.
- Hold a bachelor or undergraduate university degree by June 25, 2017.
- Be proficient in English.
- November 8, 2016: Part 1 of the application opens — general information and essays.
- December 7, 2016: Part 2 of the application opens — select up to three position descriptions for which to apply
- January 18, 2017: Application parts 1 and 2 close at 11:59pm EST. Proof of Identity and Proof of Education documents due
- February 1, 2017: Recommendation form is due (submitted directly by your reference through the online application portal)
- February – March 2017: Each application is reviewed at least twice
- March – April 2017: All semi-finalists are interviewed by Global Health Corps
- April 2017: All applicants are notified by email of their application status
- April – May 2017: 3 to 5 finalists per position are interviewed by partner organizations
- May – June 2017: Fellowship offers are extended on a rolling basis
- June 1, 2017: All applicants are notified by email of their application status on a rolling basis
- June 25 – July 9, 2017: 2017-2018 GHC fellows attend Training Institute at Yale University
Deadline: January 18, 2017
Join Diplomacy Opportunities Facebook group and follow @DiplomacyOpp on Twitter for updated opportunities