• Panel Discussion: Taking a comprehensive approach to sustainable development and sustaining peace
The event will also feature the following three workshops.
• Workshop 1: Empowering women, girls and youth for peace and sustainable development
• Workshop 2: Managing natural resources for peace and sustainable development (updated 9 December)
• Workshop 3: Strengthening transparent, inclusive and accountable institutions for peace and sustainable development
Civil society attendees participating as observers in the workshops will have an opportunity to speak if time permits.
Using the form below, you may apply to speak at, or attend to observe this event.
• be authorized officially by their organization or network to speak on behalf of the organization or institution;
• have expertise and be working on the linkages between peace and security, and sustainable development;
• have demonstrated ability to engage constructively with a variety of stakeholders;
• be available to be in New York on 24 January 2017 and for travel if necessary; and
• have a visa for travel to New York, or be able to obtain one within 2 weeks (Please check with the US Embassy or Consulate in your country. Selected speakers will receive an invitation letter to support a visa application, but will be responsible for obtaining the visa and for any costs associated with obtaining the visa.)
• for a speaking role, be a compelling speaker.
Representatives not selected for the speaking roles who are approved to attend the meeting as observers will need to secure their own funding for travel, accommodation and subsistence, and also need to make their own visa arrangements, if applicable. Invitation letters will not be provided to those approved to attend the meeting as observers. Only selected speakers will receive formal invitation letters. Selected speakers will need to make their own visa arrangements, if needed for travel to the US.
UN-NGLS will facilitate a civil society Selection Committee for the evaluation and short-listing of candidates for the speaking roles, to be presented to OPGA for their consideration. The Committee will ensure regional and gender balance, and diversity of age and expertise in the overall set of candidates. The President of the General Assembly will make the final selection of the speakers for this event.
21 December 2016 – Apply for civil society Selection Committee
27 December 2016 – Apply for civil society speaking roles
17 January 2017 – Apply to attend the event as an observer
You may apply for the civil society Selection Committee by 21 December 2016 here:
All applications received to speak at the event, or attend as an observer can be viewed here: http://bit.ly/24Jan-UN-PGA-PeaceForAll-Apps-Received
Join Diplomacy Opportunities Facebook group and follow @DiplomacyOpp on Twitter for updated opportunities