The United Nations Major Group for Children and Youth (UN MGCY) Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) Working Group is seeking to appoint new incoming Regional Focal Points (RFPs).
To help address the growing concern in the field of DRR, we are also renewing our earlier call and looking for new regional RFPs up to 30 years of age in supporting to lead our regional youth engagement, together with partners from major youth constituencies, civil society partners and other stakeholders.
We are looking for candidates demonstrating the profile below:
– you have experience in youth engagement and/or volunteer management or organizing
– you have understanding of DRR-related processes and have some insight into the Sendai Framework for Action on DRR
– you work well in teams and can communicate efficiently
– you are ready to commit time and energy on a volunteer basis to fulfill your position
– you will be 29 years or younger at the time of election
– you can communicate in English in writing and orally. The skills to communicate in other UN official six languages are an advantage.
The RFP mandate is for a period of one year and requires submitting an end-of-mandate report of performed activities and progress. The regions and positions are as follows:
Africa – 2 RFPs
Americas – 2 RFPs
Arab States – 2 RFPs
Asia and Pacific – 2 RFPs
Pacific – 1 RFP
Europe – 2 RFPs
Central Asia and the Caucasus – 1 RFP
To apply for either of these roles stated above, please complete ALL Questions in the application form below. The selection will be done by the UN MGCY DRR Working Group members who apply to receive a voter’s card.
Please submit all forms strictly by Friday 20th January at 23:59 UTC/GMT. No further extensions will be permitted.
Join Diplomacy Opportunities Facebook group and follow @DiplomacyOpp on Twitter for updated opportunities.