The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme is the UN organization that promotes volunteerism to support peace and development worldwide. Volunteerism can transform the pace and nature of development and it benefits both society at large and the individual volunteer. UNV contributes to peace and development by advocating for volunteerism globally, encouraging partners to integrate volunteerism into development programming, and mobilizing volunteers.
At the request of the Country Coordinating Mechanism (CCM) of Angola, it was proposed to the Global Fund that UNDP assume the role of PR to the new HIV grant.The GF grant contributes to HIV/AIDS control in the Republic of Angola, through support to the National Institute for the Fight Against AIDS (INLS). The objectives of the Program for NFM funding are to prevent new HIV infections amongst both general and key populations, increase PMTCT coverage, increase the number of children and adults in treatment, and increase number of patients adhering to ART in Angola. The overall goal of the grant is to prevent deaths caused by HIV and to reduce the burden of the disease.
Description of tasks:
Under the direct supervision of the International Coordinator for the Global Fund Unit the UN Youth Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Assists directly the international coordinator for the Global Fund unit and other team members in their respective areas according to instructions;
- Participate in meetings between UNDP and INLS to support the implementation of the HIV grant and undertake independent follow up on operational issues;
- Reinforce M&E systems and structures in support of INLS, by engaging into M&E data collection and analysis;
- Participate in M&E visits to healthcare facilities in Luanda and other provinces in order to collect reliable data and support INLS and UNDP staff;
- Help the building up and sustaining of database of health facilities and indicators;
- Support on bidding and recruitment procedures for international consultants and organizations;
- Format and adapt necessary documents according to UNDP standards, prepare correspondence;
- Translate and edit documents for GF team as necessary;
- Analyze and compile information for GF team as necessary;
- Support on the filing process;
- Extracting, copying and filing data from various sources;
- Perform other related tasks as required.
The duration of the assignment is 18 months. A volunteer receives a Volunteer Living Allowance (VLA) per month and is paid at the end of each month to cover housing, utilities, transportation, communications and other basic needs. The VLA can be computed by applying the Post-Adjustment Multiplier (PAM) to the VLA base rate of US$1257
Please download the document with the brief to apply.