ASEAN Youth Volunteer Programme (Fully Funded) | Diplomacy Opportunities
The ASEAN Youth Volunteer Programme (AYVP) is a youth community leadership programme that mobilises young volunteers to work with communities in developing innovative solutions to the social, cultural, economic and environmental challenges of the region, while forging a sense of ASEAN identity.
For 2017, the AYVP will be looking into the thematic area of Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) to be implemented in Indonesia through a joint partnership between Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia – The National University of Malaysia (UKM) and Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB).
The AYVP Indonesia 2017 is also supported by USAID, ASEAN Secretariat and Ministry of Youth and Sports, Malaysia. At the end of 1 month, AYVP Indonesia 2017 seeks to develop 50 ASEAN Youth DRR Leaders who are ASEAN-conscious and equipped with skills and competencies in youth leadership and disaster management, through the spirit of volunteerism and community engagement.
The four weeks programme will be held at Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB), Indonesia for weeks 1 and 4 while week 2 and 3 will be at the community sites near Bandung. Accommodation throughout the 4 weeks will be at Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB).
The secretariat will only cover flights, accommodation, food and insurance
There are two (2) categories in AYVP 2017 Indonesia which has different eligibility. Kindly read the eligibility carefully before you select apply:
1. AYVP 2017 Facilitators
2. Youth between the ages of 22 – 27·
3. Minimum Bachelor’s Degree holder.
4. Background in disaster risk reduction.
5. Able to fluently communicate in the English language, written and spoken.
6. Able to work in multi-cultural settings.
7. Able to commit to training sessions as scheduled and throughout the actual program in August 2017.
8. The selected volunteers will be notified via email. If selected, volunteer need to attend interview.
9. The secretariat will only cover flights, accommodation, food and insurance.
2. AYVP 2017 ASEAN Youth Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) Leaders
1. Open to nationals of ASEAN countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Laos, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam.
2. Youth between the ages of 18 to 30.
3. Able to fluently communicate in the English language, written and spoken.
4. Able to work in multi-cultural settings.
5. Able to commit to the program throughout August 2017.
6.The selected volunteers will be notified via email. If selected, volunteer need to deposit a refundable commitment fee of 100 USD, reference letter and submit a Medical Certificate.
7. The secretariat will only cover flights, accommodation, food and insurance
The closing date of application for facilitators will be on 17/02/2017 (midnight GMT) whilst for volunteers will be on 24/02/2017 (midnight GMT) . The selection will be based on individual merits. Only shortlisted volunteers will be notified. This will be followed by online selection and phone interviews conducted for shortlisted candidates. The selected participants will be notified via email.
Join Diplomacy Opportunities Facebook group here and follow @DiplomacyOpp on Twitter