The 6 –day European Diplomacy Workshop: EU Foreign Policy Analysis is designed to develop critical thinking and deepen understanding of the EU’s role in the global politics. Combining interactive methods, discussions and simulations, the program covers different dimensions of EU foreign policy, as well as hands-on trainings in policy analysis and public speaking. In addition, divided into groups, the participants will prepare their own set of recommendations on a chosen issue, which is going to be published by the European Academy of Diplomacy. The EDW is a forum for exchanging experiences, discussing challenges and developing cooperation, giving participants opportunities to broaden their EU and region-specific knowledge, as well as acquire and practice essential skills necessary for shaping the modern world.
The new 2017 formula puts emphasis on critical thinking of the participants and their ability to understand and analyze the trends in European international relations and foreign policy.
The European Diplomacy Workshop is dedicated to emerging political and social leaders, public servants, non-governmental activists and representatives of academia who are eager to learn how to influence the changing context of their country.
Since 2010, more than 370 young leaders took part in the 12 editions of the European Diplomacy Workshop. Each time, approximately 15 countries are represented in a group of 25 participants.
The benefits of attending the European Diplomacy Workshop: EU Foreign Policy Analysis include:
- Participate in 6 days of interactive workshops, discussions and lectures delivered by experts and practitioners in the fields of diplomacy and policy making.
- Develop your analytical thinking skills and learn how to create efficient policies.
- Expand your understanding of different dimensions of the EU foreign policy.
- Prepare your own recommendations for the future of the EU foreign policy, which will be published by the European Academy of Diplomacy.
- Network with a group of like-minded international colleagues from 15 countries.
- Receive a certificate of completion from the European Academy of Diplomacy.
- Be an advanced students or young professionals,
- Show an interest in international relations,
- Possess very good command of English (speaking and writing).
Application deadline: 26 February 2017!
- 390 € without accommodation
- 610 € with accommodation
The registration fee includes:
- 6 days of the courses and workshop materials
- Lunches and coffee breaks
All participants are expected to arrange their own travel and visas if necessary. EAD will provide visa invitation letters.
Selected number of scholarships will be awarded to participants who have completed at least their 4th year of studies (graduate students, doctoral candidates). Early career professionals may also apply.
The scholarship covers accommodation, meals (breakfasts, lunches, coffee breaks), workshop and materials, certificate. Participants are expected to arrange their own travel and visas if necessary.
To apply for the scholarship:
- Write a short essay (to be attached in the application form) on one of the topics below. The essay should be 3-5 pages, font Times New Roman, size 12 points, line spacing 1,5, side margins 2,5 cm.
- The future of EU – Russia relations.
- Election year 2017 – scenarios for the European Union.
- EU engagement in the MENA region.
Scholarship application deadline: 19 February 2017!
Join Diplomacy Opportunities Facebook group here and follow @DiplomacyOpp on Twitter