Annually, the Unitarian Universalist United Nations Office hosts youth and adults from all over North America for a three day intensive seminar focusing on training activists to address issues of global concern.
The theme for 2017 Spring Seminar is interfaith action to end armed violence. This year’s seminar will include special programming designed for ministers. Workshops, discussions, and performances during this three-day interactive and intergenerational conference will prepare participants to engage with people of other faiths to address issues such as:
- Reducing gun violence and proliferation of small arms
- Nuclear disarmament and the abolition of other weapons of mass destruction Use of unmanned drones
- Strengthening global peace and security
Our 2017 seminar, Arm in Arm: Interfaith Action to Disarm Our Planet, will be April 6-8, 2017 in New York City. (Youth and sponsors will arrive April 5th for orientation.) Together, we will consider interfaith engagement with issues such as:
- Reducing gun violence and the proliferation of small arms;
- Nuclear disarmament and the abolition of other weapons of mass destruction;
- Use of unmanned drones;
- Strengthening global peace and security;
- Racial implications and consequences of armed violence.
Also, you can join the planning committee. We are looking for passionate social justice oriented leaders of all ages to help plan the seminar and ensure that it is a safe and meaningful learning experience for all.
Programming will be interactive, encouraging participants to reflect on how the topics addressed affect them in their lives, their spirituality, and how they are called to respond. Moving from ideas to concrete action, participants will learn tools and skills to help them with future collaboration and activism
Join Diplomacy Opportunities Facebook group and follow @DiplomacyOpp on Twitter for updated opportunities