British Council Future News Worldwide 2017 | Diplomacy Opportunities
The programme centres around a 2-day annual conference which will take place at the Scottish Parliament in Edinburgh, on 6th and 7th July 2017. With English as the working language, the conference offers aspiring young journalists from across the world the opportunity to develop practical and editorial skills and hear directly from some of the world’s most high-profile industry leaders.
Post-conference, a year-round global alumni network will support attendees to engage with one another, implement their learning and continue their professional development.
Whether you’re a writer, blogger, vlogger, photographer, radio journalist or work in any other kind of media you can apply for a place at Future News Worldwide 2017 as long as you meet all of the eligibility requirements below.
- Aged 18-25 on 1st July 2017
- A registered university undergraduate student (or have graduated within the last year)
- Dedicated to a career in journalism, in any form
- Able to travel to the UK for the conference on 6th and 7th July 2017
- A native speaker of English OR be able to speak English at the equivalent level of IELTS level 6.5 (a formal quaification is not required, just the abililty to speak at this level)
PLEASE NOTE: if you are shortlisted for a place at the conference you will be required to provide a certificate of enrolment evidencing your student status.
Applications close: 28th February 2017
Join Diplomacy Opportunities Facebook group here and follow @DiplomacyOpp on Twitter