The Institute for Peace and Security Studies (IPSS) is looking to create such a space for young Africans through its own Youth4AfSol event. With a focus on peace and security, this platform will be solely dedicated to giving an opportunity for young Africans to share their ideas in shaping African solutions to Africa’s problems.
Youth4Afsol is grounded in the understanding that only locally generated ideas that connect Africa to the global community, and one led by Africa’s youth, can ensure sustainable change. Through bringing together bright visionaries from across Africa, IPSS aims to champion the cause of young people, who lie at the core of African solutions.
- Be between the ages of 21-35 at the time of application.
- Complete the application form available on the IPSS website (www.ipss-addis.org)
- Submit a 1,000-word essay on one of the following themes: African youth, migration and poverty Natural resource governance in Africa 2 Citizen participation in governance Peace-building and post-conflict reconstruction in Africa The challenges of terrorism and violent extremism State building in Africa If you have other thematic ideas that fall outside of the following themes, please communicate it to us and we will let you know if the proposed theme is acceptable.
- Submit a recommendation letter from a supervisor, or from a lecturer if in school.
- Submit a resume/CV (maximum 3 pages).
- Anchor ideas in “African solutions to Africa’s problems” that are innovative, unique and practical. Selection procedure A neutral selection committee will select seven participants to present their idea to a live audience at Addis Ababa University.
Download the application form below
Fill and submit to: email@example.com
Deadline is March 10, 2017
Join Diplomacy Opportunities Facebook group here and follow @DiplomacyOpp on Twitter