OPEC Fund for International Developmnet (OFID) is now accepting applications for its 2017/2018 Scholarship. Through its scholarship scheme, OFID aims to help highly motivated, highly driven individuals overcome one of the biggest challenges to their careers – the cost of graduate studies. OFID awards its scholarships to qualified applicants who have obtained or are on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree and who wish to study for a Master’s degree.
- The tuition fees, including any supplementary examination fees, as may be required by the academic institution, will be paid by OFID directly to the academic institution. Health insurance will be paid in accordance with the institution’s own standard medical scheme.
- A monthly allowance to cover living expenses, books and accommodation, will be transferred to the student’s own personal bank account.
- Prior to the start of his/her first year studies, the student will be paid a relocation grant.
- OFID will also pay for travel costs from the nearest airport to the student’s place of residence, to the nearest airport to the chosen place of study. Upon completion of the studies, the student will be paid the cost of one-way air ticket to his/her home country.
- Must be between the ages of 23-32 at the time of submitting his/her application.
- Must have obtained or be on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree with a Baccalaureate from an accredited college/university, or its equivalent.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system, or its equivalent.
- Must be matriculated at an accredited university for the upcoming academic year starting August/September 2017, and must maintain full-time status for the duration of the Master’s Degree.
- Must be a national of a developing country—please refer to the list of eligible countries. Please note that nationals of OFID Member Countries (Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Venezuela) are ineligible to apply.
- Must select a subject of study that pertains to OFID’s core mission, such as: economics of development (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
- A completed on-line application form.
- A scanned copy of the applicant’s passport.
- A scanned copy of the last university degree or certificate.
- A scanned letter of acceptance from chosen educational institution, confirming your admission, subject of study and duration of the Master’s degree program (must not exceed one year).
- A proof of meeting any prerequisites, including language proficiency.
- A short essay – of about 500 words in English – giving reasons for applying for the OFID scholarship, explaining your educational goals, and clearly describing how you will use the experience gained from your Master’s degree studies to help in the development of your home country.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors and/or lecturers at applicant’s present university (or present employer).
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Application Deadline: May 1, 2017
Join Diplomacy Opportunities Facebook group here and follow @DiplomacyOpp on Twitter
Eligible Regions: Afghanistan, Albania, Angola, Argentina, Antigua and Barbuda, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Barbados, Barbadua, Belize, Benin, Bolivia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Bhutan, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Cambodia, Central African, Chad Republic, Colombia, Comoros, Congo D.R, Congo Rep., Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guatemala, Grenada, Guyana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Haiti, Honduras, India, Jamaica, Jordan, Kenya, Korea D.P.R., Kosovo, Kiribati, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Macedonia, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mongolia, Moldova, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Niger, Nicaragua, Pakistan, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, Sao Tome &Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia. Sri Lanka, St. Christopher, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, Samoa, Suriname, St. Vincent, Sudan, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Uzbekistan, Uruguay, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe