OFID Young Professional Development Program | Diplomacy Opportunities
The Young Professional Development Program (YPDP) is a structured 2-3 year program that has been designed to attract and develop young professionals from OFID’s Member Countries, and aims at equipping them with the skills and knowledge needed to meet the minimum requirements for OFID’s entry level professional positions.
The YPDP will allow participants to become acquainted with OFID’s operations and how the different departments/units contribute to the achievement of the institution’s overall strategic and operational goals. Based on an Individual Development Plan, YPDP participants should spend at least 50% of the duration of the Program in the home department/unit. Through this Program, participants will gain valuable on-the-job experience, and they will also benefit from a coaching/counselling arrangement as well as a wide range of relevant training and developmental opportunities.
Upon completion of the Program, a participant may be offered employment at OFID, based on job availability, OFID’s manpower needs and the outcomes of his/her performance appraisal reviews.
Selection to the YPDP is highly competitive because of the limited number of vacancies available each year. Selected candidates will be graduates from reputable universities. The following are minimum requirements that candidates should meet to be eligible for the Program:
- OFID Member Country national (Member Country nationals who are citizens or residents of the host country are not eligible).
- Be 28 years of age or younger
- Have obtained at least a Master’s degree from a reputable university
- Outstanding academic credentials (minimum of a 3.0 G.P.A or equivalent)
- Be fluent in English
- Proficiency in one or more international languages is strongly desired
- Specialized in a field relevant to OFID’s operations such as development, engineering, economics, finance, business administration, law, information technology, human resources and any other relevant discipline
- Ability to work in a global and culturally diverse institution within an international and multicultural environment
- An understanding of OFID’s mandate
- Willingness to serve OFID for a minimum of two years upon completion of the Program, if selected.
Before You Apply, ensure that:
- You meet the minimum requirements
- You have all the information at hand including an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV), the Application Essay and a copy of your university transcripts and GPA to be emailed to YPDP@ofid.org once the application form has been submitted.
Application deadline is April 10, 2017
OFID’s mission is to foster South-South Partnership with fellow developing countries worldwide with the aim of eradicating poverty. OFID’s work is people-centred, focusing on projects that meet basic needs – such as food, energy, clean water and sanitation, healthcare and education, employment, income generation and growth – with the aim of encouraging self-reliance and inspiring hope for the future.
Write in less than 1,000 words an original essay on (i) the potential role of OFID in resolving some of the above challenges, and (ii) your own contribution if you were to work for OFID. You may focus on a region or set of countries as well as your area of expertise to formulate your essay.
Join Diplomacy Opportunities Facebook group here and follow @DiplomacyOpp on Twitter