Are you an early-career researcher, entrepreneur, technology expert or journalist passionate about changing the state of the world for the better? Have you already developed tools, insights or mechanisms that address global issues and help to improve people’s lives?
Then you might be a Young Global Changer – and this scholarship is just right for you! Come to Berlin from 28 – 31 May 2017, attend the Think 20 Summit GLOBAL SOLUTIONS and share your work, thoughts and ideas with great minds from think tanks, business, politics and civil society.
In order to be eligible, your focus of interest should fit into one or several of the overarching topics of the Think 20 Summit GLOBAL SOLUTIONS.
Benefits of the programme:
- Travel to Berlin and attend the Think 20 Summit GLOBAL SOLUTIONS from 28 – 31 May 2017. Accommodation will be provided and scholarship holders will receive a lump-sum to cover travel expenses
- Become part of the G20 process and engage in the development of powerful narratives for one or more of the GLOBAL SOLUTIONS of the Conference
- Meet Nobel Laureates and pitch your ideas to world renowned thinkers
- Take part in dedicated Young Global Changers events on 28 and 31 May 2017
- Link up with outstanding Berlin-based initiatives, entrepreneurs and scientists on a guided tour through Berlin
- Become part of an exclusive network of like-minded Young Global Changers and build long-lasting relationships
- Get access to quality journalism and receive a free subscription to Berlins leading newspaper in either German or English
Is a Young Global Changers Scholarship right for me?
Applicants must fit the following profile:
- Early-career researcher, entrepreneur, technology expert or journalist/blogger
- Able to attend the Think 20 Summit GLOBAL SOLUTIONS and dedicated Young Global Changers activities from 28 – 31 May 2017
- Working on an idea or a specific project that you believe can change the world – or at least parts of it
- Able to pitch your idea or project (in English) to a high-level audience
- Willing to actively engage in creating a sustainable narrative for one of the GLOBAL SOLUTIONS that will be developed during the Conference
How to apply:
– Please fill in the application form below (in English) and upload your CV and a short project or research description of max. 350 words
– Tell us how and why this idea, project or initiative contributes to a better world and which specific topic of the GLOBAL SOLUTIONS Conference it addresses
– Tell us why you want to be a Young Global Changer
– If you are applying for the journalist programme, please submit two work samples. If work samples are not available in English, please submit a brief abstract in English with corresponding links to the original source
Deadline for applications is 10 April 2017
Join Diplomacy Opportunities Facebook group here and follow @DiplomacyOpp on Twitter