The NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency invites applicants who are citizens of African Union Member States for the post Senior Human Resources Officer in its new organizational structure.
Under the supervision of the Head of Human Resources, the Senior Human Resources Officer will advise the head of Human Resources regarding Recruitment, Discipline, Counselling and employee welfare. He/she will take lead in the Human Resource administration and policy development concerning the above mentioned areas, the Senior Human Resources Officer will identify and adopt best practices to ensure that Recruitment, Discipline, Counselling and employee welfare are conducted in accordance with NEPAD staff rules and regulations.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Good knowledge of human resources policies, practices and procedures and ability to apply them in an international organizational setting.
- Ability to identify issues, formulates opinions, make conclusions and recommendations in individual and team settings.
- Projecting a positive image of the role of HR in the effectiveness and efficiency of NPCA and the motivation of staff.
- Taking responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives in recruitment, ensuring equal participation of women and men in all areas of NPCA’s activities.
- Demonstrating a high sense of professionalism, courtesy and client-orientation, considering all staff members to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seek to see things from clients’ point of view.
- Ability to establish and maintain productive relationship with staff by gaining their trust and respect.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Tact, diplomacy and the ability to deal with difficult situations and people.
- Interpersonal sensitivity, empathy and people-orientedness
- Strong familiarity with basic conditions of employment.
Education and Experience: A Master’s degree in human resources management, business administration, public administration, management, occupational psychology, social sciences or related field, with five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in human resources management, recruitment and compensation and employee relations.
A Bachelor’s degree in the above-mentioned fields but with eight (8) years of experience, at least three (3) of which should be obtained in an international organisation. Professional certification in Human Resources Management will be considered highly.
Applications To apply, please submit the following:
- A motivation letter stating reasons for seeking employment with the NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency.
- A detailed and updated curriculum vitae (CV), not exceeding five (5) pages and indicating your nationality, age and gender.
- Three (3) referees with good knowledge of the candidate’s work, furnishing full contact details, telephone, fax and e-mail addresses.
- Certified copies of degrees and diplomas.
Remuneration: An indicative basic salary of US$35,300.00 per annum plus other entitlements such as post adjustment (57% of basic salary), housing allowance (US$21,196.80 per annum), pension (19% of basic salary) among others in conformity with the rules and procedures applicable to internationally recruited staff of the African Union.
Applications must be received not later than Monday, 3 April 2017 and should be addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer
NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency
P O Box 218; Midrand; Midrand, 1685
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Join Diplomacy Opportunities Facebook group here and follow @DiplomacyOpp on Twitter