The “Young Ambassadors Programme” (YAP) is part of the European Project of Initiatives of Change (IofC), which aims to bring together young people caring about the future of Europe. The programme consists of two days training designed specifically for the Young Ambassadors (14th-16th July), followed by full participation in the AEUB forum (17th-21st July).
- An opportunity for young Europeans to grow in their personal understanding and commitment to Europe, shared ethical values and one’s personal contribution to a better future.
- Experience the Conference Centre at Caux, Switzerland, as a place of reflection that provides an opportunity to listen to others and to oneself.
- Strengthen the network of committed Europeans who are working towards change starting with themselves.
The objectives of the YAP Programme
- To give a voice to young Europeans who are passionate to build a common future based on shared ethical values.
- To invite them to contribute to, and promote, a richer mutual understanding of beliefs, values, identity, history and cultures through a collective learning experience.
- To offer an opportunity to enrich themselves and others ethically and culturally, through the sharing of personal experiences.
- Become part of the YAP alumni network
- Explore possibilities of further co-operation and collaboration for follow up activities with other participants
Who should apply
This programme aims to invite young people from all over Europe who are actively and substantively contributing in the discussion about Europe. Young people who demonstrate their active participation through civil society initiatives, NGOs, political organisations and structures are invited to join this forum in order to bring their input, ideas and experiences.
Young people age 18-25 from countries who are members of the Council of Europe, plus Kosovo*, Kazakhstan and Belarus can apply (see the full list of the countries below).
People from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including recently arrived migrants, as well as representatives of minority communities. Should you wish to represent any minority community or group, please specify in your application.
Applicants for the Young Ambassadors Programme are expected to fulfil the below:
- Be present at Caux from 14th July 2017 (4pm) and not leave before the end of the Closing Session on Friday 21st July, 2017 (12.30pm);
- Be actively involved in civil society and other initiatives related to Europe;
- Be able to communicate and work in English;
- Be motivated to contribute to developing new ideas on Europe;
- Be ready to share own challenges faced in their own communities and work about Europe;
- Cover your travel expenses to and from Caux, Switzerland;
- Complying with visa requirements (where applicable);
- Help disseminate the event information among your contacts and on social media;
List of eligible European countries for the Young Ambassadors Programme (YAP) 2017
Note that participants from countries marked with an asterisk (*) are required to apply for a visa to enter Switzerland.
Albania – Andorra – Armenia* – Austria – Azerbaijan* – Belarus* – Belgium – Bosnia and Herzegovina – Bulgaria – Croatia – Cyprus – Czech Republic – Denmark – Estonia -.Finland -France – Georgia* – Germany – Greece – Hungary – Iceland – Ireland – Italy – Kazakstan* – Kosovo* – Latvia – Liechtenstein – Lithuania – Luxembourg – Macedonia – Malta – Monaco – Montenegro – Netherlands – Norway – Poland – Portugal – Republic of Moldova – Romania – Russian Federation* – San Marino – Serbia – Slovak Republic – Slovenia – Spain – Sweden – Switzerland – Turkey* – Ukraine* – United Kingdom
The program provides scholarships for participation.
The scholarships cover the conference fee, accommodation and the meals. The scholarship DOES NOT cover the travel to and from Caux (the closest airports are Geneva and Zurich) or visa connected expenses.
- Fill in the application form
- Upload your CV
- Submit a short video (90 seconds) in which you briefly state what you see as the most important problem facing Europe today, and outline what you would do about it. Post the video on YouTube (please check further instructions below). Should you prefer another platform please include the link in your application.
Application deadline: April 15, 2017 Midnight (CET) time.
All applicants will be notified of their application results by May 15, 2017.
See official website here
Join Diplomacy Opportunities Facebook group here and follow @DiplomacyOpp on Twitter