Job: Search For Common Ground Developmet Evaluation Consultant | Diplomacy Opportunities
SFCG is looking for an evaluator to conduct a developmental evaluation of its Nigeria project “Early Warning / Early Response Mechanisms in Northern Nigeria”.
About the Project
The goal of the project is: Expanding and strengthening early warning and early response processes to enhance community and state actors’ ability to protect citizens in Borno and Adamawa States. The project builds on a process of convening and training influential local leaders for community dialogue-to-action processes in order to promote increased collaboration and confidence in insecure areas, supported through a suite of media and community activities, and strengthening structures to work with the state and linking them to civil society groups. A core component is an early warning/ early response system to identify emerging conflict threats and appropriate solutions. The project also develops strategies to increase learning and building capacity of partners engaged in the project.
The embedded evaluator will have overall responsibility for the design and implementation of the DE and ensure its quality. She/ he will be responsible for the following:
- Collaboratively conceptualize and develop the DE design (learning framework, methodology, reporting, etc.) using a participatory approach, including an introduction workshop for SFCG, partners and other stakeholders;
- Develop a living work plan for the DE and DE data collection tools;
- Conduct DE data analysis, document findings, and recommendations and share regularly with program staff and management for real-time and evidence-based decision making;
- Record decision-making and other cores processes, program changes and/or changes in the environment in report logs (that track details of DE and document events that occur i.e. planned and unplanned and associated outcomes);
- Incorporate findings into monthly/ quarterly reports, and elaborate DE reports every six months which are shared with DRL outlining critical evidence, lessons learned, and adaptive management practices;
- Develop case studies to document project outcomes of critical processes such as: dialogue process and shift in relationships between stakeholders within communities;
- Provide DE related capacity building to SFCG staff and partners.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Programming and evaluation experience in peacebuilding, conflict resolution or other related sectors;
- Experience in international development;
- Understanding and familiarity with North Eastern Nigeria and preferably prior working experience in the region; • Experience with evaluating complex systems and familiarity with developmental evaluation;
- Graduate degree in Conflict Studies, International Development, Social Work, or other relevant degree;
- Technical knowledge, skills and expertise in evaluation design, evaluating complexity, and multimethods, in particular qualitative and participative methods;
- Analytical skills in qualitative and quantitative research and proficiency in Excel;
- Facilitation skills, particularly design and execution of stakeholder consultations;
- Excellent oral and written communication and report writing skills in English
- Leadership and strategic thinking;
- Speaker of Hausa and/ or Kanuri is of important value but not a requirement;
Interested candidates are invited to submit at no later than 24 April 2017. In your application please include a cover letter and resume, including expectations of gross monthly compensation. Please include projected start date and mention where you found this posting.
Join Diplomacy Opportunities Facebook group here and follow @DiplomacyOpp on Twitter