UN Regional Consultation on Youth, Peace and Security in Europe and Central Asia | Diplomacy Opportunities
UNDP and UNFPA, in partnership with the Peacebuilding Support Office, will organize the Europe and Central Asia Regional Consultation on Youth, Peace and Security in Istanbul, Turkey. This event is part of a series of regional consultations with young people on issues related to peace and security.
By the end of the consultation, we aim to have:
- A regional perspective for successfully implementing the United Nations Security Council Resolution (UNSCR) 2250 (2015) – a groundbreaking resolution on Youth, Peace and Security that recognizes the positive role young people can and do play in conflict prevention, peacebuilding, and the prevention of violent extremism;
- Inputs for the Progress Study mandated by UNSCR 2250; and
- A regional action plan for the continuation and promotion of peacebuilding and social cohesion.
To be eligible, applicants need to fulfill each and every one of the following criteria:
- Applicants must be between 18 and 31 at the time of the consultation, and should possess a valid passport with a minimum validity period of 6 months after the date of the consultation.
- Must be from the following: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Montenegro, Russia, Serbia, Tajikistan, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan, and Kosovo1 .
- Applications must be submitted in English or Russian language.
- Applicants must be able to travel to and participate in the entire event in Istanbul from 23-25 May 2017 (travelling on 22nd and 25th/26th depending on available flights).
- Applicants must be engaged in peacebuilding or supporting youth-led organizations working on peacebuilding, which is understood in a broad sense: peace processes, social cohesion, violence reduction, reconciliation, transitional justice, preventing violent extremism, disarmament demobilization and reintegration or other relevant humanitarian work.
- All applicants must demonstrate commitment, experience and a vision for youth and peacebuilding.
Deadline: 30 April 2017, 17:00 pm Istanbul time.
Join Diplomacy Opportunities Facebook group here and follow @DiplomacyOpp on Twitter