UNOY Peacebuilders Participate in Act on 2250 Training | Diplomacy Opportunities
Are you a young peacebuilder who feels a strong commitment to building meaningful intergenerational partnerships for peace? Would you like to build your knowledge and skills to hold meaningful discussions with decision-makers? If so, UNOY Peacebuilders invites you to apply to participate in Act on 2250, an online training course, which will help you translating international policies into local realities. This training will be held online, starting on 3 July and ending on 1 September 2017.
What is it?
On 9 December 2015 the UN Security Council adopted the resolution 2250 on Youth, Peace and Security. This was great news for young peacebuilders around the world, but a UN Security Council Resolution is not in itself a solution for the exclusion and underrepresentation of young people in peace processes. The calls made in the resolution have to be translated into reality, through institutional actors, but also through capacity development of young activists. We propose to help you with that by giving you the tools to localise the youth peacebuilding agenda. The 2017 Online Training on Localisation will sharpen your understanding of the political environment and power relations around youth participation in peacebuilding, build your skills in translating international policy into local reality in a youth-led way, and give you the tools to reach out and influence decision-makers.
The training will be led by trainers with extensive knowledge and experience of linking international policies to the local level, and it will include input from experts on youth peacebuilding as well as advocacy towards decision makers. Participants will have a central role during the training by sharing their own knowledge and ideas, and by applying what they’ve learnt in between sessions.
What does the training cost?
Costs of the training are fully covered, there is no participation fee. Participants will need to ensure their own ability to connect to the internet.
Who are we looking for?
This training aims to empower young people to begin making use of UNSCR 2250. It is designed for participants with an interest in peacebuilding and strong commitment to translating the policy of UNSCR 2250 into practice.
We are therefore looking for participants between 18-30 years old, who:
- are active within a youth organisation working on building peace or preventing violence – both UNOY Peacebuilders’ member organisations and non-member organisations aligned with the goals of UNOY Peacebuilders;
- have some prior experience in the field of peacebuilding;
- have a strong interest in building partnerships with stakeholders on local or national level;
- are committed to multiply the outcomes of the training in their own work;
- are fluent in English since the working language of the training will be English;
- have an internet access at least once a week;
- are ready to commit at least 3-4 hours per week for the entire duration of the course.
Priority will be given to participants who:
- are currently active in an organisation, program or project in the above fields;
- represent a UNOY Peacebuilders member organisation;
- come from conflict and post-conflict communities, communities that experience high levels of direct violence and communities where violent extremism is on the rise.
How to apply?
In order to apply you should fill in the online application form latest by 10 June 2017 at 23.59 CEST. For any questions contact Marie Cucurella (email@example.com).
Join Diplomacy Opportunities Facebook group here and follow @DiplomacyOpp on Twitter