Created in 2008, the annual Peace and Sport Awards reward organizations and individuals who have made an outstanding contribution to peace, dialogue and social stability in the world through sport.
From specific field programs to global initiatives, the winners have led projects that are symbolic of sport’s capacity to reconcile divided or opposed communities. They are an inspiration to other stakeholders for what sport can achieve on the global stage.
This year the ceremony of Peace and Sport Awards will be held in Monaco Thursday 7th of December, as part of the evening of Peace and Sport International Forum Gala.
On this occasion eleven awards will be granted to exceptional initiatives promoting peace through sport! Champions for Peace and the Jury will respectively be in charge of selecting the winners of the “In memory of Guo Chan: coup de Coeur by Champions for Peace” and “Special Jury Prize” Awards.
- A platform for cooperation and operational coordination between all actors for peace and sport
- An annual International Forum: a unique event assembling top decision-makers from sports and governments, top-level athletes, corporations, field practitioners, NGOs and international organizations…Next edition to be held in Monaco 26-28 October 2011
- Locally-Based Projects: concrete actions in different regions of crisis in the world
- Champions for Peace club, involving top-level athletes in our field programs and awareness raising campaigns
- The Peace and Sport Awards, to reward individuals and initiatives contributing to peace
- Select the Award category which best fit your initiative. The initiative must be taking place within September 2016 and September 2017.
- International athletes are recommended to apply with any of their peace through sport initiatives to the “Champion of the Year” category. In case athletes are involved in a Foundation they can apply for the Champion of the Year Award only if they are Presidents of the Foundation.
- Fill in the online application form before September 10th 2017. All the fields of the form shall be filled in. Photos and videos of your initiatives are essential part of the application.
- Photos must be in horizontal format, with a resolution of minimum 600x200pixel. Videos must be in HD format (1920×1080), with duration of maximum 2 minutes.
** Note: If photos and videos of your initiative are not yet available, please indicate the date in which you will be able to provide them.
Apply to one of the 9 Categories for the 2017 Peace and Sport Awards:
– April 6 Initiative of the Year
– Diplomatic Action of the Year
– NGO of the Year
– Federation of the Year
– Event of the Year
– Foundation of the Year
– “Sport Simple” program of the Year
– CSR Initiative of the Year
– Champion of the Year
Closing of applications: September 10th 2017
Join Diplomacy Opportunities Facebook group here and follow @DiplomacyOpp on Twitter