UNLEASH is a global non-profit initiative aiming to address the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by bringing young global talents together to innovate and collaborate on new solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. Each year leading up to 2030, 1000 selected talents from academia, business, and civil society will come together for an immersive 10 days of co-creation and problem-solving and develop solutions to the SDGs. The first event took place over 9-days in Denmark in August 2017. UNLEASH is supported by a global consortium of actors, including UNDP, Microsoft, Deloitte, Dalberg, DI, +170 knowledge and talent partners, and +35 company sponsors
Join Diplomacy Opportunities Facebook group here and follow @DiplomacyOpp on Twitter
Unleash is looking for an ambitious, entrepreneurial and outgoing Community Manager to strengthen and grow the global community of 1000 UNLEASH talents/alumni, and support their efforts in bringing new SDG ideas to life by connecting them to the relevant people and organizations. More specifically, we are looking for a bright and
extroverted colleague who can join our team with the following main tasks:
- Respond to needs and matchmaking requests from both UNLEASH talents and external stakeholders with regards to the development and implementation of potential SDG solutions, e.g. by connecting talents to both internal and external experts, potential investors, and partners etc. This includes quarterly check-ins with UNLEASH teams and talents to ensure that we are continuing to support our community’s needs.
- Support the internal matchmaking and community building events and activities within the 1000 first UNLEASH talents and alumni, including defining, recruiting, and coordinating with a newly developed UNLEASH Regional Ambassador position who can lead local community building efforts.
- Help design the next iteration of UNLEASH’s online platform where community members can post opportunities, respond to requests, and connect with each other and partners in the broader UNLEASH ecosystem in a meaningful and tangible way.
- Plan and distribute key content in coordination with our communication team, e.g. newsletters, articles, blog posts, surveys etc.
The position is full time (37 hours) and covers a year and ideally starts as soon as possible in October 2017. Compensation will be defined based on experience and skills.
Send your cover letter, CV and grade transcript to Philipp Loeken at email@example.com no later than Monday, October 2, 2017 at 10am CET (Denmark time) with the subject “UNLEASH Community Manager Application.”
- Strong academic record in fields related to the position, e.g. communications, social sciences etc.
- Interest in the Sustainable Development Goals and the global development agenda• Ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner, both written and oral
- Ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner, both written and oral• Excellent listening and communication skills and ability to quickly facilitate connections and find synergies
- Excellent listening and communication skills and ability to quickly facilitate connections and find synergies
- Excellent networking abilities and ideally also strong personal connections in the global development space
- Previous experience in managing online, decentralized networks
- Fluency with English speaking and writing skills
- Strong analytical abilities, both quantitative and qualitative
- An agile mind set and readiness to try out new, cross-cutting areas of work
- Solid experience working with Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Design (UI / UX) experience a plus
- Previous experience in leading and launching socially focused and/or entrepreneurial initiatives a plus
The Community Manager position is based in Copenhagen and you must be willing to relocate to Copenhagen. UNLEASH is an association consisting of several partners. The UNLEASH Secretariat, in which you will be situated, is run out of Dalberg’s Copenhagen office.
For any questions regarding the position, please contact Julie Buur Trærup at firstname.lastname@example.org.