Dalai Lama Fellows, founded in 2010 with the authorization and involvement of the 14th Dalai Lama, is reimagining leadership by cultivating and supporting a global movement of next generation leaders applying universal values to solve global challenges. The program is independent, secular and ecumenical.
The fellowship award year-long Fellowships to next generation leaders that are working on social change projects in local communities to address one or more of the following areas: mitigating economic disparity, diminishing violence, gender inequity, improving cross-cultural and interreligious cooperation, and enhancing environmental sustainability.
Dalai Lama fellowship provides each Project Fellow with:
- Immersion in our distinctive yearlong Head, Heart, Hands leadership curriculum;
- One-on-one coaching to support their projects in social change; and
- LifeLong affiliation in our global learning community and support system.
In order to fulfill the minimum requirements, a candidate must demonstrate through the application:
- Next generation leader who is born between 1980-1995;
- Experience or interest in learning and practicing contemplative practices throughout the year;
- In-depth knowledge of the community and the issue that the proposed project is seeking to work in and address, preferably with more than one year of previous experience working with the community;
- Commitment to participating in our online learning platform, which hosts our year-long curriculum;
- How you will help to shift the narrative on leadership and social change through journalism, the arts, photography, filmmaking, or other media avenues that complement your social innovation project.
The application for Dalai Lama Fellows consists of six major parts:
- Your Resume/CV
- Applicant Background and Overview
- Two references
- Essay Questions
- Application Video
- Project Timeline
- January 31, 2018: All applications due
- April 15-30, 2018: All Fellows are selected and notified
- May 1 2018-May 31, 2019: Head, Heart, Hands curriculum, project implementation in local communities, and personalized coaching via Skype
- June 2019 and beyond: Fellows graduate into LifeLong Fellows global leadership and learning community
Click on your affiliated institution to access the 2018 Fellowship application. If you are not affiliated with any of the listed institutions, click on “General Application” to apply
Visit the official fellowship website here