Islamic Conference Youth Forum for Dialogue and Cooperation (ICYF-DC), an international organization affiliated to the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), announces the call for application for the Fez –OIC Youth Capital 2017, Youth Forum for the Prevention of Extremism and Violence issued by the hosts of the “Fes– OIC Youth Capital 2017” international programme. The Festival aiming to bring together young artists from the OIC geography and beyond will be held in the city of Fez, Kingdom of Morocco, on 22-23 November, 2017.
The Forum is an opportunity to meet and interact with leading youth from various OIC countries to work on the concepts related to volunteering and the various approaches that are effective in preventing extremism and violence, through workshops and seminars with specialists.
- To support the development of young people sensitive to global and social issues, capable of contributing society and humanity and to empower young people with leadership qualities.
- To enable young people to think about “Youth Forum for the Prevention of Extremism and Violence” and exchange ideas on these matters and find solutions for them and to make a contribution to establishing a fundamentally more equitable and peaceful world.
- To enable young people to gain new experiences by improving their sense of solidarity and cooperation.
- To establish youth networks and platforms.
Format and Programme Details
The 2 days forum programme is expected to bring young people together to contribute to the success of the event and discuss about youth volunteerism & preventing extremism and violence. The programme will be a combination of;
- First plenary session and workshops
- Workshops and group work
- Second plenary session and workshops
- Cultural City Tour
Application and Selection Process
The final selection will be made by the organizing team according to the criteria described below;
- To be a citizen of the OIC Member States or representative of Muslim community in non-OIC Member States;
- Able to speak English;
- Aged 18-30;
- Involved in/coordinated any innovative youth social project,
- Active in community services,
- Motivated to attend the full duration;
Application form should be sent in the format of DOC file to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please also take note that all the participants should fill the participation application form up and attach it to their email.
Travel: Participants are themselves will cover round trip travel expenses from his/her own country to Fez city including the visa, medical and travel insurance and personal expenses.
Accommodation and other costs: Host organization will cover domestic transportation, accommodation, food and other costs related to the festival.
For further questions, please contact at Email: email@example.com and Phone: +212 537 68 00 28
Deadline: 1 November 2017 at 18:00 according to Rabat Time.
Visit the official page here