Swedish Institute Young Leaders Visitors Programme 2018 (Fully Funded) | Diplomacy Opportunities
Young Leaders Visitors Programme (YLVP) is a leadership programme for people who want to work for positive change in society – and in themselves. If you are open-minded and want a real learning challenge, apply for a seat among the YLVP.
YLVP aims to support young leaders in the MENA-region and Sweden by giving them the tools and methods they need in their work for an equal and sustainable society. All participants are experts in their field, and learning will take place between participants and through external experts. YLVP is as much about personal as professional development. It is about growing as a person with renewed confidence and insights, and growing as a leader with new tools, methods and perspectives.
The programme is an intense training based on real experiences and collaborative learning. The contents of the programme will vary from year to year as it is the particular expertise and experience of the participants that will largely determine the topics dealt with. The following broader issues will however always be cenral: value-based leadership and group development; democracy and human rights for a more equal and sustainable society; networks and the digital world. Participants will learn by participating in interactive sessions with facilitators, exchanging experiences, doing practical exercises and finding common solutions to global and/or common challenges.
YLVP will give you:
- New tools, methods and perspectives that is needed when working for an equal and sustainable society.
- Greater understanding of the environment and issues on a local, regional and global level
- Personal insights and self-awareness as a leader, a change-maker and a person
- Meet and get to exchange ideas with other experts, inspire each other and share experiences on common challenges.
- Hands-on training with digital tools, tactics, and security
- A strong and active alumni network that support each other in driving important changes in society
Costs covered and arranged by Swedish Institute
- Training and content
- Accommodation, food and domestic transport during the programme
- Flight tickets to and from module 1 and 2
- Insurance covering acute illness and accident when in Sweden
- Visa costs
You can apply to YLVP if you:
- Have a leading position in your work for social change (for example in your work as a civil servant, a youth politician, a legal worker, a journalist, a social worker, a social entrepreneur or a cultural worker).
- Work in a collaborative setting, where you have a leadership role (formal or informal)
- Are working actively for democracy, sustainability, diversity and/or human rights
- Are between 22 and 32 years old (born 1985 – 1996)
- Have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English
- Are a citizen of Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine*, Sweden, Syria, Tunisia or Yemen.
- Can take part in all parts of the programme
- Are prepared to forward competences and knowledge you gain from the programme.
Only applicants who have submitted a complete application will be considered for the programme. These are the steps in the application process:
- Download and fill out the YLVP application form
- Go to the application portal
- Upload the completed application form in English, including your contact details and the contact details of two reference persons
- Upload an updated CV in English
- Upload a letter of recommendation*
- Upload a photo (not compulsory).
YLVP is made up of four weeks divided into two modules at separate times. YLVP is an intensive programme with a full-day schedule and many evening activities, and all selected participants will have to commit to participating in all activities of both Module 1 and 2.
- Module 1 (in Stockholm, Sweden, 23 April – 11 May, 2018)
- Module 2 (location to be decided, 13–19 October, 2018)