EMPOWER 2018 The three days event includes a combination of seminar panel discussion, keynote speeches, small group workshops, seminars, off-site activities, exhibition, social programme and youth artistic expression.
Since 2009, EMPOWER has developed a reputation for being the first youth led conference to focus on equipping young people in Qatar to take active roles in building their communities and having a voice on global issues.
The program will aim to attract up to 450 young people between the ages of 16-32 including international participants. The main aim of the 3 days conference is to raise awareness and knowledge as well as build the capacities required to enable young people to take leadership roles in addressing local and international developmental issues of concern to them especially in the area related to the theme of each year’s conference.
The Conference Objectives are to:
- Promote better understanding of youth leadership, service learning and greater awareness of global issues among 450 youth between the ages of 16-32 in Qatar and the region.
- Provide opportunities for 450 youth to develop their skills, knowledge and attitudes to take on leadership roles which support ROTA strategies.
- Create a platform for 450 youth to discover their voice and realize their ability to make a positive contribution in society to support Qatar 2030 on youth development.
- Facilitate a forum for exchange of ideas, projects and reflections that address local needs and global issues.
- Awareness creation on the EMPOWER theme.
- Type of provided sponsorship:
1. Full Sponsorship includes: Flight, Accommodation, Meals and Ground Transportation related to the conference programme only.
2. Partial Sponsorship includes: Accommodation, Meals and Ground Transportation related to the conference programme only.
For international participants it is only for 18- 32 years old.
A maximum of 70 seats will be provided to International participants for this event.
Conference dates: 15th to 17th March 2018 (TBC)
After the screening of the applications, the shortlisted candidates will be contacted via e-mail starting from 9 January 2018.
Announcement of selected International participants will start from 9 January 2018 onwards.
Approved international participants will be requested via e-mail to apply and complete an online registration form for the workshops and offsite visits in order to complete their registration process after the 2nd week of March 2018.
All selected participants are required to sign a Code of Conduct in order to issue their visa applications which must be complete in clear hand writing and uploaded on this application. Original copy of the Code of Conduct must be submitted by hand on the first day of the conference to the registration team.
Further information will be provided to all participants via e-mail after the 1st week of March 2018 and with the completion of phase one of the registration process about the accommodation, event participation guidelines, and other important information.
Failure to complete and provide any of the required information will prevent the candidate’s chance in attending this conference.
Please include write your full name as mentioned in the Passport/ID.
For Visa applications please make sure your passport has more than 6 months validity and include a clear copy of the passport required pages and photo.