This is a call for internship with Afrika Youth Movement (AYM) for a period of 6 months as Newsletter manager. The role can be renewed based on performance and dedication.
Afrika Youth Movement (AYM) is a pan-African, action-oriented, youth-led movement that strives for the participation, development and leadership of African youth to transform Africa and achieve their rights to peace, equality and social justice. We are creating a continent that respects the rights of all its citizens. Through our work we promote the values that binds our continent; ubuntu, unity, self-determination, integrity, and accountability.
- Aged between 17 – 25
- Professional media skills in one or more fields
- Experience writing editorials and newsletters
- Impeccable personal and professional integrity: embodying AYM and pan-africanism values
- Effective communication with people of different cultures, demonstrating an ability to see issues from different perspectives
- Demonstrated leadership experience with strategic vision and proven skills in emotional intelligence, managing complex movement building and relationships between different stakeholders
- Building partnerships through trust: an ability to build relationships with youth constituencies in the Movement, build alliances and union, upholding the
- Movement’s core values of engagement, with focus;
- Proven record of working regionally, continentally or globally in media related projects with diverse teams technical acumen.
- Monthly newsletter content curation, design and promotion
- Monthly updates about AYM
- Content creation for the AYM blog
- Recruit media influencers
Deadline: December 22, 2017