Job at UN SDG Action Campaign | Diplomacy Opportunities
The Global Festival of Action for Sustainable Development is a ground-breaking annual event powered by the UN SDG Action Campaign with the support of the German Federal Government. The Festival will be held in Bonn on 21-23 March 2018 and bring together the global community taking action to make the Agenda 2030 become reality. It will recognize and celebrate the innovators, conveners and breakthrough actors who are transforming lives, tackling trade-offs and generating practical solutions to some of the world’s most intractable development problems.
The UN SDG Action Campaign is therefore seeking to recruit an Events Assistant to provide support with the organization of the Global Festival of Action for Sustainable Development. The need for this role will be full time for 3 months.
Event Management support
- Support with the drafting of event documents;
- Facilitate the organization of teleconference with relevant partners and provide notetaking support;
- Other administrative and logistical planning support as required
Flights, accommodation and speaker liaison
- Facilitate travel and accommodation arrangements for selected speakers and participants.
Onsite operations, registrations and sustainability practices
- Liaise with the management of the Festival venue and source and manage a pool of volunteers to provide onsite support at the event;
- Source event materials and an onsite registration system;
- Ensure the observance of the applicable sustainability principles across the running of the Festival.
Participant registrations and communicating logistics/security requirements to all
- Produce a logistics note for the Festival and support the monitoring and management of participant registrations.
- BA in Business and Administration or related field.
- Qualifications with supplemental training in procurement and logistics would be an asset;
- 3 years of relevant experience in events support.
- Experience in administration and operations.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and experience in handling of web-based management systems.
Deadline: January 12, 2018 (Midnight New York, USA)
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of German an advantage.
Qualified candidates are requested to apply online via the UNDP website. Interested candidates are advised to carefully review this ToR and ensure that they meet the requirements and qualifications described above. The application should contain the below documents that should be scanned and attached in one pdf format document.
Motivation/Cover Letter: Explaining why they are the most suitable candidate for the work
Personal History (P11): Applicants are required to fill out and sign a P11 Form and submit it together with the online application; the P11 should include contact details of 3 references; (the P11 form can be downloaded here ) Please also include your CV.
A Financial Proposal: The applicants are instructed to submit their financial proposals in US Dollars for this consultancy, using the Offeror’s letter to UNDP confirming Interest and Availability. The form can be downloaded here.
This consultancy is for local procurement only. It is open to citizens of the European Union (EU)/European Economic Area (EEA) member states or holders of residence and unlimited work permits in EU/EEA member states. All travel, interview and relocation costs, if any, incurred to take up an assignment at the duty station in Bonn are at the expense of the applicant.