The Youth Advisory Panel is a “mechanism for UNFPA Nigeria to dialogue with youth experts, and youth leaders so as to seek their advice on strategic actions and leverage their expertise and networks to support the youth related mandates of UNFPA in Nigeria.
The UNFPA Nigeria-YAP aims to provide a platform for active engagement of Nigerian youth through new technologies towards improved access to sexual and reproductive health, promote reproductive rights and helping young people’s transition to adulthood.
The UNFPA Nigeria-YAP is guided with these specific objectives:
- Act as an advisory body to UNFPA Nigeria by providing a youth lens to its programs and projects as well as initiating projects that #PutYoungPeopleFirst
- Develop and implement a Youth engagement strategy that helps to foster a closer collaboration between UNFPA, youth leaders as well as youth organisations in Nigeria-
- Lead advocacy efforts around the mandate of UNFPA especially on promoting young people’s sexual and reproductive health and rights as well as access to family planning .
The UNFPA Nigeria-YAP Structure will have the following guiding strategies –
- The platform will consist of 7 representatives
- 1 representatives from each of the 6 Geopolitical Zones in Nigeria
- 1 chairperson chosen by the Country Representative
Selection will take into consideration gender equity
- The YAP will be led by a chair, supported by a communication officer and a
Members must be
- Young persons between ages 18 – 35 years as defined by the Nigeria National
- A member/volunteer or staff of an organisation working in or around any of the themes of the
- Young persons actively working or engaged around any of the UNFPA Nigeria
- Young persons with an active and engaged community. They can be leaders of a youth organisation/association or network, members of a youth association, or lead a local, national or regional initiative.
Members should have an active network where they can seek information and/or disseminate information from the Youth Advisory Panel.
Application Deadline: Sunday January 28, 2018