Do you wish to contribute to the running of the European Youth Parliament on an international level? Are you interested in supporting the social media channels of the European Youth Parliament? Do you want to earn some extra euros in doing so?
The European Youth Parliament (EYP) is one of the largest European platforms for political debate, intercultural encounters, political educational work and the exchange of ideas among young people in Europe. The EYP consists of a network of 40 European associations and organisations in which thousands of young people are active in a voluntary capacity. With its international, national and regional events it reaches out to 30 000 young people all over Europe every year.
The International Office of the European Youth Parliament is offering a part-time position as a Communications Assistant. You will mostly be working independently from home for on average of 6h/week, carrying out tasks on behalf of the International Office of the EYP. You will be working closely together with and report to the Project Manager responsible of EYP communications. The international office of the EYP is a part of the Berlin-based Schwarzkopf Foundation, which acts as the international umbrella organisation of the EYP.
Main tasks of the Communications Assistant include:
- Support the management and content generation of our Facebook page, following the strategy developed together with the EYP team
- Produce additional EYP-related content for the web-site
- Supporting the management of the EYP Instagram account, including the Instagram take-overs by sessions and the National Committees
- Regularly screen all NC pages / channels for content to re-post
- Bring proactively new ideas
- Communication with National Committees, EYPers
Applicants should ideally have the following qualifications:
- Excellent command of English in speaking and writing;
- Experience in managing social media pages/channels professionally or in a volunteer experience;
- Experience in working with team members in an online environment; and ability to work independently;
- Experience with the EYP is preferred, but not mandatary;
- Basic knowledge about social media platforms and how they work European Youth Parliament 2
What EYP Offers
EYP is looking for a candidate who is available to start at the beginning of February 2018, and who can commit to the position for at least one year. You will be working flexible hours, both on workdays and weekends if necessary. You would need to set aside approximately 25 hours a month, with some variations depending on the time of the year, and depending on the amount of work. The position will suit applicants who would like to gain additional experience in working for EYP as well as communications for NGOs.
We count on the interest of the applicant to work as a volunteer for EYP, but offer a monthly stipend of 200 EUR. In addition, your costs to participate in a planning meeting in Berlin in February will be covered.
Interested? Then apply until February 1st, 2018!
In the online application form, please attach your CV.
For questions, please contact Anya Suprunenko at the International Office of the EYP at
Read more on the EYP Communications Assistant call here