UN SDG Action Campaign Hack 4 Good | Diplomacy Opportunities
Calling all developers and problem solvers with multidisciplinary background – Can your software or creative skills help bring the voices of Nigerians to the Government and the United Nations? The UN SDG Action Campaign in collaboration with the Civic Innovation Lab is organising a hackathon to be held 5-7 February 2018 in Abuja to bring together top innovative minds to design a tool, app or system to enable more efficient roll out of the MY World 2030 survey across the country.
Apply now. TOP 3 solutions will be given seed money to compete for a N1,000,000.00 (One Million Naira) prize and Community membership at the Civic Innovation Lab to develop the tool that will be used in the roll out of the survey across Nigeria and around the world. Have the chance to shape this global project for a better world.
The Hackathon is scheduled to take place from Monday, Feb 5th – Wednesday, Feb 7th at the Civic Innovation Lab located at No 54 Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent, Wuse 2 (Osas & Oseji House) – Abuja, Nigeria, and it is mandatory for all shortlisted candidates to attend.
Contract Selection Criteria include:
- Innovative Approach
- UI/UX Experience
- Identified Problem
- Functional Prototype
- Presentation Style
- Credible Data Reference
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Applicants must take time to read about the background and solution needed. See more information below.
- Participants must completely fill the online application. We will accept the top ideas that will participate in the Hackathon. Participants are free to form teams or work individually. Selection Criteria for the participation in the Hackathon will be based on:
- Previous relevant work experience
- Idea proposal or statement of interest of not more than 150 words
- completed application
Deadline for Application is, January 31st, 2018. Participants are to completely fill an online application to be considered.
ELIGIBILITY & REQUIREMENTS
- Applicants will create prototypes of web, SMS and mobile applications, to address the specific challenge.
- Relevant experience, skill and passion is highly appreciated including (but not limited to) GIS mapping, software development, data analysis and design thinking.
- Must be willing to attend the Hackathon from Feb 5th, 2018 – Feb 7th, 2018 at the Civic Innovation Lab Abuja, Nigeria.
- Must be willing to develop the prototype to a final product completely by Feb 26th, 2018
- All members of the team must be willing to sign an agreement for releasing the final code to public as open source
- Must be a Nigerian Citizen
- Must be above the age of 18
Deadline for application is Wednesday, January 31st, 2018
Only selected participants will be communicated to on Feb 1st, 2018 to attend the Hackathon event from Feb 5th, 2018 – Feb 7th, 2018
Read more on the UN SDG Action Campaign Hackathon website