Eurasia Group is seeking a motivated analyst of African politics and political economy, to be located in the firm’s DC office. The candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of sub-Saharan Africa, ideally with a focus on francophone West Africa.
In this position, you will provide research and analytical forecasts for a wide range of multinationals and financial institutions for the firm’s Africa practice. You will have the ability to analyze political, social, security and economic trends in a fast-paced and forward-looking manner that helps clients gauge future risks and opportunities. You will assist in developing coverage of political and economic issues in the region that are relevant to Eurasia Group’s financial, corporate, and government clients, many of which have diverse exposure to African markets.
You will produce multiple pieces of research—both short, event-driven analyses and longer reports—under tight deadlines. You must have excellent and succinct writing skills at native English level, and must be a skilled oral communicator and presenter. You must be able to manage competing demands on time. You will have a bachelor’s degree in political science or other relevant disciplines (African studies, economics or international relations), and a minimum of one year of relevant work experience. Candidates with an advanced degree are preferred. French language skills are a requirement. Applications from more experienced candidates are welcome.
Eurasia Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Perks of working at Eurasia Group:
- An amazing mission — to help our clients capitalize on the opportunities and manage the risks created by the impact of politics on markets around the world.
- The opportunity to work with a talented and entrepreneurial team in a global environment.
- Flexible work environment, with contemporary offices located in New York (Flatiron), DC (DuPont Circle) and London (Clerkenwell).
- PTO bank of 23 days, 10 paid holidays and 2 summer Fridays.
- A strong belief in work-life balance.
- Competitive salary plus incentive compensation plan.
- Rich benefits package – EG contributes 82-90% to medical and dental premiums, 100% employer-paid LTD, STD and life insurance, 401(k) plus fully vested employer match and pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Business casual dress code.
- Employee referral program that begins at $1000.
How To Apply
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter and salary history in a single document through the link below.
Read more on Eurasia Group job website