UNESCO is launching a call for expression of interest to solicit specialists from the Asia-Pacific region to join the community of practice on the 2005 Convention on the Protection and Promotion of the Diversity of Cultural Expressions. Targeting mid-career experts, UNESCO will organize a 5-day training in Seoul, Republic of Korea, from 11 to 15 June 2018, with the support of the Korean Government. Its aim will be to share knowledge on the Convention, raise awareness about opportunities from ratifying and implementing the Convention, facilitate networking, encourage future cooperation with UNESCO. Its long-term objective is to bring together a new generation of specialists from the Asia-Pacific region that can potentially, in future, become part of the Convention’s international Expert Facility and support the implementation UNESCO’s research, capacity development and technical assistance programmes.
Successful applicants are to:
- agree that their names, contact details and information concerning their professional profile and area of expertise, relevant to the capacity-building Programme of the Convention, be included in a publicly available online experts’ database managed by UNESCO;
- ensure their availability to participate in a five-day intensive training workshop
scheduled to take place from 11 to 15 June 2018 in Seoul, Republic of Korea;
- ensure their commitment to undertake the necessary preparatory reading on topics
related to the Convention and to carry out follow-up activities after the training1
- for civil servants, provide an official document from their administration certifying
authorization to take leave from their post for the period of the training workshops.
Please note that costs for the training (economy return ticket, room and board, local
transportation, etc.) for the selected participants will be covered by UNESCO.
- Applicants may be civil servants, governmental experts, cultural professionals,
managers of cultural institutions or associations, researchers, academics and/or independent experts specialized in the required fields. Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be a national from one of the 44 countries (Parties and non-Parties to the Convention) from the Asia-Pacific region
- Applicants must be in their mid-career.
- Applicants should demonstrate excellent spoken and written English. Knowledge of
additional languages, in particular languages of potential beneficiary countries and/or other UN
The application form should be completed in English and be accompanied by a Curriculum Vitae (max. 3 standard pages) and an essay (max. 5 standard pages). Submissions should be sent via e-mail in RTF or PDF version to Ms. Eunbok Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Mr. Daniel MebarekDaza (email@example.com)
no later than 5 March 2018, midnight Paris time.
Read more on UNESCO Expert Training in Asia-Pacific call