In 2018, seven young people – selected from every global region – will be named Young Champions of the Earth. These winners receive seed funding, intensive training, and tailored mentorship to help them bring their big environmental ideas to life.
Whose big idea will change the world? Following an open call for applications, UN experts will short-list 35 Regional Finalists who will be subjected to an online public vote, informing the selection of 14 World Finalists. A Global Jury will then select the seven 2018 winners.
Each winner will be expected to implement their big idea and keep us updated on their progress by producing videos and blogs that we will share on our website.
In parallel, up to 50 of the most promising applicants will be granted privileged access to an expert community of Covestro mentors offering insights on topics ranging from communications and business development to project planning and financial management.
Each winner will receive the following:
- US$15,000 in seed funding;
- Attendance at a high-level UN meeting;
- An introduction to dignitaries at the Champions of the Earth Award Ceremony;
- Publicity and recognition through online and global media;
- Access to a community of Covestro experts offering insights and mentoring; and
- Participation in an entrepreneurial training program provided by The DO School.
The 2018 Young Champions will be required to share their implementation journeys through blogs and vlogs posted on this website for a period of up to one year.
Deadline: April 2, 2018
Read more on UNEP Young Champions of the Earth website