The 2018 Global Food Security Conference (GFSC) with the theme ‘Youth Step Up To Achieve Food Security’ will be held from 05th to 08th April 2018 in Melaka, Malaysia. This programme is organised by the World Assembly of Youth (WAY)in collaboration with the Halal International Malacca, Arta Holdings Sdn. Bhd., and Malaysian Youth Council.
This theme has been selected to fulfil the principal opinions and roles of young people towards achieving food security. Attaining food security is significant and growing challenge in developing world and highly critical to alleviating poverty. Moreover, the outcomes guided by this selected theme are expected to contribute favorably in youth knowledge, skills, and talents development as well as the society as a whole. This Conference will focus on increasing the availability of food, improving access to food, increasing accessibility to quality nutritious food, increase stability of food security and supporting improved governance of the global food system. The outcome document will also enhance youth contribution towards the attainment of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Willing participants to the Global Food Security Conference “Youth Step Up To Achieve Food Security” must fulfill the following requirements:
- Submit filled application forms before Friday, 23rd March 2018. The admission of each application will be determined within 3 working days from the submission;
- Applicants must be between 18 to 35 years old;
Applicants are requested to submit the following:
- Passport scan valid for more than 6 months;
- The latest passport sized picture scan;
- Filled application form;
- Applicants must send in written (maximum 700 words) of themselves expressing their understanding of the Conference theme. This should be sent together with the application form. The title of the writing should be “GFSC – [name of applicant]”;
Once the applicant has fulfilled the above mentioned requirements, application(s) must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more on the Global Food Security Conference (GFSC) website