Call for Strategic Partners and Research Fellows | Diplomacy Opportunities
Health Economics and HIV/AIDS Research Division – HEARD occupies an important interface between research, policy, and advocacy; working with research and advocacy groups to generate innovative ideas and also ensuring these ideas are turned into practical policies to overcome the enormous burden of disease in Africa. The organisation’s longevity, influence and esteem are some indication of the strategic success of the organisation to adapt to the changing landscape of Africa’s health needs and responses. The challenge is to sustain the achievements of the past in another period of change in global health
HEARD is seeking experienced research partners and fellows to support its first and second phase research in Eastern and Southern Africa (ESA).
Research areas include:
– Expanded evidence on gender equality and sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) for men, women, girls and boys, including their effects on overall health outcomes (2 years)
– How ESA countries can leverage investments for fiscally sustainable strategies for Universal Health Coverage (2 years)
– New approaches and technologies for HIV prevention in young people (2 years)
– Mapping trends in financial support to abortion services in East and Southern Africa (2years).
HEARD is seeking regional human capacity and financial support from prospective partners so only partners with aligned research income should apply. Partners may be expected to manage all project funds so you will need to be able to demonstrate a track record of successfully managing grants.
How to apply
We are seeking a senior and two research fellows with experience on issues around men, gender, SRHR in the context of HIV and AIDS. Experience on issues around HIV prevention in adolescents and young populations in Africa is required.
*All research fellow roles require a PhD as a minimum. To see the full list of requirements and full job advert, download the adverts below. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview.
How to apply:
– Download the application form/s here
– Email application form/s to Robyn-Lee Wagner: firstname.lastname@example.org | 031 260 7837
– The closing date to submit CVs is 19 March 2018