United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is a United Nations Specialized Agency with mandate in Education, Culture, the
Sciences and Communication and Information. Established in 1961, the UNESCO Office in Beirut (hereafter referred to as UNESCO) functions as the Regional Bureau for Education in the Arab States as well as a Cluster Office for Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Iraq and the Palestinian Territories. UNESCO serves as the Representative Office to Lebanon and Syria. The mission of the Office is to contribute to sustainable development through UNESCO’s five fields of competence.
In order to enhance the visibility of UNESCO’s work in Lebanon and the Arab region and ensure media and public outreach, UNESCO is recruiting a Social Media Community Manager to contribute to the implementation of the Office’s Social Media Communication Strategy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the overall authority of the Director, direct supervision of the Regional programme Coordinator and in close collaboration with the Communication Officer, the Communications Assistant (Social Media & Community Manager) shall support the Office in the implementation of its communication strategy in line with the Organization’s social media policy with the aim to enhance visibility of the Office’s activities. The incumbent will undertake the following concrete tasks:
1 . Social Media:
- Set and implement social media and communication campaigns (social media packs) for the Office
- Produce editorial content for the Office’s social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram ) in a pro‐active way
- Provide engaging text, image and video content for social media accounts
- Respond to comments/queries received on the Office’s social media accounts in a timely manner
- Monitor and report on the evolution of social media audience
- Outreach efforts: seek to grow the Office’s social media community through engaging the audience
- Build a photo/video database for different sectors based on activities’ implementation (for use on social media)
- Stay up-to-date with digital technology trends
- Prepare analytical reports on the impact of the Office’s social media messages
- Produce editorial content for the website (video, images)
- Seek to enhance the public visibility and outreach of the website
- Keep the website up-to-date
3. Additional tasks:
- Online knowledge portals: Under the guidance of the Regional Programme Coordinator, manage and update the editorial content of the Education Unit’s web portal on SDG 4 – Education 2030 Agenda for the Arab States.
- Information Sharing Platform: Manage and improve the UNESCO Information Sharing Platform (UNESTEAMS) by actively encouraging users to participate and share information, including providing training to colleagues.
- Administrative tasks: Perform administration tasks as related to the overall assignment of the position, and perform other duties as assigned by the Director and/or the direct supervisor
- University degree in Communication and information technology or related fields
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience as a community manager
- Experience in managing social media platforms of a professional company, academic institution, or civil society organization
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Arabic and English
- Knowledge of French is desirable.
- Sound knowledge and experience of working with web-based communication
- Technical skills (graphic software techniques; Photoshop; PhotoEditor; etc)
- Good written, editing and translation skills
- Ability to interpret website traffic and online engagement metrics
- Knowledge of online marketing/promotion tools
- Ability to coordinate with different work units inside the office to facilitate information flow and complete tasks successfully and on time
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and is gender-sensitive
- Knowledge of UNESCO/UN work in Lebanon and in the Arab region is a plus.
BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS
A lump sum fee of 1,500,000.00 LBP (I,000 USD) will be paid on a monthly basis. Benefits include 30 days’ annual leave; pension plan, medical insurance as well as maternity leave if applicable.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your CV, together with a cover letter in English, by e-mail to UNESCO Regional Bureau-Beirut (Administration Unit): firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly label the subject line “Communications Assistant (Social Media & Community Manager)“.
Only Nationals of Lebanon are eligible to apply for this position.
The deadline for applications is 28 March 2018 at midnight (Beirut time).